T W E N T Y-O N E

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked as we both sat down on the bench. Our hands were still entwined and to be honest, I really didn't mind it. "Zelda's sick," he let out a big breath. "She has a hole in her heart and we need the medication so she's able to be normal and to be able to run around."

"When is she able to get surgery done?" I asked. My heart seriously hurts for the both of them but more for Zelda since she's just an innocent little five year old girl. "That's the thing D, she can't get surgery. We don't have the money for it," he groans as he lets my hand go and places them at the side of his head, clutching tightly onto his hair.

"What if I can get the money?" I asked out loud as I stood up. 

"Where would you get the money?" He eyes me cautiously. From my mothers will

"The will," I said.

 "No," he shakes his head. 

"Zach, c'mon. We can get Zel-"

"I SAID NO," he shouts angrily. I stood there stupidly, mouth hung open as I gaped at him. "B-Bu-"

"We don't need your pity money. We're not a fucking charity case," he spits as he stands up and leaves. What the-

RINGGGG

Great. Now it's going to be really fucking awkward cause we practically live together. I sighed heavily and dragged my feet along the cracked up cement until I got to the front entrance of the school where I see all of my friends waiting for me. Friends. Crazy how I had only two friends just a month ago and suddenly I have friends who care about me just as much as I care about them.

"Bestie," Noah ran up to me and pulled me into a hug. 

I slightly smiled and hugged him back. "Hey." 

"Bestie? What the hell? I thought I was your best friend," I hear Oliver scoff from behind me. I quickly pull away from Noah and turn around to see an amused and smiling Oliver. "You are," I said, rolling my eyes. He laughs and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me into his side.

"Do any of y'all mind if I take D? There's some things we haven't talked about that we need to talk about," Oliver gives them a charming smile. My friends all look to one another until Yasmin spoke up. "Go ahead. Take her. Make sure to use a condom."

I rolled my eyes and turned away embarrassed as I felt my cheeks heat up. Way to go Yasmin, I thought sarcastically.

I turn back around to face them when I felt that I wasn't blushing anymore. Stupid Yasmin. I'm going to kill her. I make eye contact with Zachary who just angrily turns away and gets into the car. I guess he's still mad at me.

"See you guys later," Oliver says as he pulls me along with him and into his car. We both get in and when we're both situated, he starts the ignition and we're off on the road.

"Where to?" He asked as he turned his head to take a quick glance at me and then back to the road.

"McDonalds," I smiled.

****

"So, what's up with you and Zach?" Oliver eyed me warily as he popped a fry into his mouth and then took a large bite out of his chicken sandwich. I shrugged. "Nothing."

"Are you sure? Cause it sure seems like it ain't nothing," he said as he leaned forward. "I swear it's nothing," I said as I threw my hands up in surrender. "Hmm, really? Because he seems to get really irritated every time I'm around," Oliver said as he sipped his drink, giving me that look. How ironic.

"He gets irritated when everyone's around. Don't feel special," I said sarcastically. "I already feel special," he said as he laughs. We both shake our heads before he suddenly turns serious. "How you holding up, D?"

"What do you mean?" I furrowed my brows. 

"I heard about your mom. I'm so sorry," he said sincerely as he reached over the table and placed his hand on mine.

"I'm okay," I sighed heavily but truthfully. "It's hard to believe that she's gone but I can't keep holding on. It'll only keep me in the dark. I know she's in a better place with Nana and Pops and I'm okay with that. She wants me to be happy so I'll be happy."

Oliver smiles at me and squeezes my hand before he pulls away. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you," he said unsurely as he kept looking around, anywhere but me. Please don't tell me what I think he's going to tell me. Cause I just realized that I don't even like Oliver like that. As a best friend, yes, but 'like like' I don't.

"I-I-" he says as he's not able to spill whatever he has to say. 

"You can tell me," I said reassuringly but still scared of what he's going to say. He sighs heavily as he says, "I'm gay."

Holy crap.

I didn't know what to say as I just stared at him. My best friend, that I knew my whole life, is gay. A hot gay guy to be exact. I'm shocked but I'm not disappointed. This is my best friend and I'll always love him no matter what. 

"Cool. You're still my best friend and I still love you," I said as I bit into my Big Mac.

"Oh, thank God. I thought you were going to disown me or something," he says as he wipes fake sweat off his forehead. "You're stupid if you think I would do that," I rolled my eyes as I stuffed a few fries into my mouth.

"Love you too, D," he said as he sipped onto his drink. "Now let's get you home before Zachary and everyone else thinks we're fucking or on a date."

"You ass. Don't say shit like that but you're right, we should go. Thanks for the meal bro, now let's go," I said as I left him standing there as I walked my short ass out the door.

"You little short shit. Next time you're paying," he shouted as he hurriedly ran after me.

Mhm, okay.

~~~~

🍯Honey Love🍯