F I V E

We were both working on our project, me doing the slides, finding pictures and all that good stuff as Zachary was looking for background information and the history of the Civil War.

"Zachary, you home?" We heard a lady's voice call out. I look over to him to see his expression emotionless. "In here," he replied back. I heard footsteps before a lady appears in the living room. She was the exact replica of Zachary except she had blonde hair.

And there was a cute little girl hiding behind her legs, staring directly at me. 

"Uh, who is this... thing?" She asked, eyeing me up and down. His mother was putting on her left earring, looking from me to Zachary back and forth. "She is my history partner mom," he said, his voice monotone.

"What's your name?" The little girl asked, stepping out from behind her mothers leg and towards me. 

"I'm Davina, but everyone calls me D," I smiled kindly at her. She smiles back and rushes over to us, placing herself in my lap. She's the cutest human being ever. She looks exactly like Zachary except she's a little cute female version of him.

"Well, I'm off to dinner with your father. Before you do... anything with your new toy, please put Zelda in her bed before then," Zachary's mother said as she stood waiting by the door. 

Just then, a very tall man, with a slight muscular build had walked down the stairs in a suit. He looks over to us and Zachary immediately tenses.

"And who might you be?" He asked. 

I stared at the man with no emotion shown on my face. Something was definitely off about him and I did not like it one bit. He gave me a bad feeling, a very bad feeling. I even noticed Zelda tensing in my lap.

"That's very rude of you not to answer," the man said.

"She doesn't have to answer you," Zachary said monotonously. Um.. okay? 

"Am I talking to you, boy?" The man asked, glaring at Zachary. 

"I have a fucking name Greg," he said, glaring at the guy named 'Greg'.

"Could you two please just stop? We have somewhere to be," Zachary's mother complained. "There's $20 on the counter. Order something for you guys."

She then quickly rushed out the door, Greg following after her but not before turning his head to look at me and then to Zachary.

After they had left, Zelda completely unfroze and relaxed. Something is definitely wrong here. 

"Well, your dad-"

"Stepdad," he corrected me. Oh. 

"Stepdad," I said. "He's-"

"A fucking douche, a cheating bastard, and a fucking liar," Zachary once again cut me off. Zelda looked up at Zachary and pouted. 

"Zach," she said sternly. "No cussing when I'm around, remember?" 

He looked at her and smiled. An actual, breathtaking smile that I've never seen on him before. It wasn't a smirk, a snarl, none of that. It was an actual genuine smile. And I still hate him.

"I'm sorry, I forgot," he truthfully said. Zelda only smiled and sat on the couch, turning the T.V. on to watch Spongebob. I know it's bad to pry but I couldn't just sit back and wonder. It's none of my business but the way Zelda tensed and Zachary's beef with Greg, something was going on. His mother, whose name I learned is Roxanne, didn't even care.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop," Zachary said, pulling me out of my own thoughts. 

"What do you mean?" I asked innocently. How did he even know I was thinking? 

"Your nose crinkles, your eyebrows furrow and your forehead creases. You also tend to chew on the end of your pencil," Zachary pointed out, answering my unspoken thoughts. I looked at him baffled as he shrugged like it was no big deal.

"So, what's the problem between you and your stepdad?" I asked. I should've kept quiet because Zachary literally shot daggers at me. If looks could kill, man, I'd be in Hell already with Satan and his demonic family.

"Shit. I'm sorry. It's just that-I mean-well-"

"Shut up," he chuckles, shaking his head. I immediately shut my trap. His laugh is nice though. 

"Zachy, I'm hungry," Zelda pouts, her black hair sprayed out and her hazel eyes wide. She's a beautiful little thing. No doubt she'll be beautiful when she grows up.

"What do you want to eat?" Zachary asked as he picked his sister up and kissed her cheek. 

"I want to eat...." she trailed off, trying to think. "Pizza."

She jumps up excitedly, causing Zachary to laugh and start placing kisses all over her face, causing her to squeal. I've never seen this side of Zachary before but I honestly like it.

"Do you want some pizza?" Zachary asked me. 

"Yes plea-"

"Then get it yourself, nerd," he said, cutting me off. My mouth hung open and I stared at him. What an asshole. I can agree sis

"Just kidding," he laughed.

As Zachary was ordering pizza, I turned to Zelda. 

"How old are you, Zelda?" I asked her. 

"I'm 5 years old," she smiled, showing off her teeth and I giggled slightly to see that her right front teeth was missing.

"Pizza will be here in 10 minutes, meanwhile nerd, lets finish the rest of the project," he said. I nodded and got back to finding good pictures and typing whatever notes he found. Throughout my time sitting here with Zachary, I couldn't help but steal glances at him. I wanted to know why he was always such an asshole and where his father was. I wanted to know why Zachary and Greg didn't get along. And most of all, I wanted to know why his mother acted so careless about them. But I can't because it's none of my business and it'll be hypocritical of me. I've never talked about my father to anyone before except Yasmin and Aliyah but besides that, no one knew a thing. And I'm hoping it stays like that.

DING DONG

"PIZZA," Zelda shouted gleefully, jumping up and running towards the door. Zachary pulled his sister and gently pushed her away from the door. "Zelly, what'd I say about opening doors to strangers?" He asked sternly. Zelda looked up at him and frowned. "No open doors until Zachy is there," she said. 

I smiled at the siblings and walk towards Zelda, picking her up.

Zachary paid for the pizzas before shutting the door as we followed him to the living room. "Let's dig in," he said as he opened the box of pizza.

Zelda and I wasted no time before we dove in, savaging the pizza.

~~~~

Maybe D has a new kind of heart for Zachary since she's seen the sweet side of him? Well, let's find out. Don't forget to vote and comment!! Love you guyssss ❣️

🍯Honey Love🍯