11: Flaws and Perfection

"how does he... k-know nagisa?" kayano managed to stutter out as she stood in front of the most bloodied scenes she had ever come across, legs shaking, ready to kneel over at any minute, insides feeling like bile that was ready to come out at any second and eyes wide in shock and fear.

The others behind her seemed to think the same.

• • • • •

Rio nakamura was a smart girl, despite others thinking otherwise due to her outwards display of attitude and the fact that she ended up in 3-E, a class reserved for dropouts. Failures.

As a matter of fact, in her early years, she was a straight A student who always got perfect scores. Her parents were proud, however, she got bored.

Simply got bored.

She wanted to laugh about her bad grades and mistakes as others do, wanted to share the mutual errors with her friends. Yet she couldn't, because she didn't have any. So, her solution was simply to make mistakes.

Rio dropped her scores, her parents weren't really all that happy, that didn't matter though, she had finally gotten what she wanted. Mistakes.

Because sometimes, perfection is a flaw.

When she was sent to 3-E, she had contemplated whether it was the right choice to hide her intelligence. It was so depressing there. Those thoughts were thrown out the window when koro-sensei, an alien octopus yellow thing, became their teacher. Life was so much more fun.

Then, kai shitai came.

He was happy.

That's honestly the most surprising thing you could say for an assassin, a person trained to kill in the shadows with no remorse. He was strong, joyful, approachable and quite the looker.

It was too good to be true.

She had her suspicions, about him and nagisa. The bluenette even called him 'shiota' once, which honestly could be passed off as the slip of the tongue, but rio was observant despite what others may believe.

Kai was too good, too perfect. She knew he was hiding something. Because, once again, perfection is a flaw.

She was proven true on the day koro-sensei decided to name 'family day'.

"-KAI! THAT STUPID PIECE OF SHIT MADE YOU THINK THIS!!"

"NO HE DIDN'T!!"

The blonde whipped her head to the screaming, eyes wide, so did her parents. One lady with blonde hair akin to her daughter's and the other with strikingly similar ocean blue eyes with slightly darker blonde hair.

She recognized that voice, their new transfer student.

"SHUT UP KAI!! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR SAYING! HE KILLED THEM!!!"

Who killed who?

"YES I DO!! ITS YOU WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S SAYING!!"

"KAI YOUR BEING DECEIVED, HE DESERVES TO DIE FOR WHAT HE'S DONE TO US, NOT ME!!"

Who deserves to die?

"NO HIRAKU!! YOUR. BEING. STUPID!!!"

Hiraku?

By that time, she had already ran towards the source, noticing some others were curious too. A few adults were even there, which is only reasonable since most of the time their the ones who resolve sticky situations.

They had arrived to the scene of a body of a short, black haired man, nagisa's father, she remembered, lying on the ground. Cold, bloody and bruised.