9:different kinds of love

"do you know what love is?" a bluenette asked a child the same age as him.

The boy shook his head "no, I... never had a family to teach me" he stated sadly.

The bluenette smiled "do you want to know?" he asked with a glistening aura of care. The other perked up with shining eyes, he nodded vigorously.

He stepped closer, his arms were outstretched.

"I never really had anyone to teach me either but-"

The other boy was dumbfounded until he felt warm arms embrace him. His eyes widened.

"-I think this is love..."

...it felt warm.

• • • • •

Electric blue orbs with a hint of green fluttered open as rays from the early dawn shone through the closed curtains of his window.

He lay there unmoving for a few more minutes. The only sounds that could be heard were the barely audible song of the birds that were overlapped with the bustling of cars.

He exhaled slowly with a shaky breath.

"love, huh?" his voice echoed throughout his eerily silent room. He sat up from his lying position and hugged himself with a sad look marrying his features.

"It's... kind of cold" he stated while clutching his own form tighter, eyes glistening with something akin to lonliness and pain.

• • • • •

Karma lazily placed his hands in his pockets as he climbed up the road to their building with kiri beside him. Behind him, two people were panting heavily.

"k-karma wait up! how do you climb this everyday!?" asked his mother with horror in her voice.

"I'm glad were done with school" stated his father, panting. Karma rolled his eyes at the over reaction of his parents.

"you guys are over reacting" he stated bluntly while continuing forward.

"mou, karma hidoi (mean)" complained his mother while easily running up to him proving that they were only pretending to be exhausted, his father soon ran up to them too not looking the least bit tired.

"can't you see that your parents are struggling getting up the mountain and you're not even gonna help them?!" she ranted with a pout. The red head rolled his eyes once again.

They heard a giggle behind them "as expected of the akabane family" a voice said, they turned their heads to be met with a woman with green, slightly curly, long hair. Behind her was kayano.

"hi karma-kun" greeted the girl joyfully, the said boy just waved.

"yo"

"ah! kaede-san, nice to see you" said karma's father with a bow.

The lady shook the formal greeting off "please akabane-san, this is a family day, not a business meeting" she said with a kind smile.

"ah! long time no see aeri-san!" greeted karma's mother energtically.

They had once met when the now identified aeri, or rather, kayano's mother was asked to meet with them as the model of the company they were, at that time, making a deal with.

"you too, mahi-san (realized I never gave karma's parents names)" said the green haired lady.

"so how's been work?" the two ladies then began to chat happily about, well, girl stuff.