2:we finally meet

'Kai'

After a single second of their eyes widening, both of them averted their gazes as their eyes turned dull for a moment. They passed each other like they hadn't even seen the other person. When they were shoulder to shoulder, they glanced at each other. It was as if time froze just for this moment... this moment to replay again.

"don't leave, please!" a sob was heard. The other just kept moving forward silently.

Once they were shoulder to shoulder, the person whispered something into the crying boy's ear which made his eyes widen.

When he passed the other. No one noticed the tears already streaming down his pale cheeks.

"i'm sorry..."

Kai went out to get the asked papers as nagisa's eyes regained their light as if nothing happened and he passed no one. He bowed to the class panting.

"I'm sorry for being late, I slept late last night and my alarm broke" the blueberry said looking back up with a sheepish smile. It was a half truth half lie but it's not like anyone would notice.

Koro-sensei nodded "alright, nagisa-kun, please take your seat and we'll resume classes" the octopus said. Nagisa complied and took his seat, he noticed that behind him was an empty chair. He feared that might be his seat.

Beside him, kayano whisphered "hey nagisa, glad you could make it, we were all worried you know" she stated. The said boy smiled at her.

"sorry for worrying you but i'm just fine" he stated. The green haired girl nodded with a smile and turned back to the teacher to listen to the lesson.

Although it seemed like no one noticed, the whole class couldn't ignore the fact that it seemed those two knew each other. Especially koro-sensei, he knew kai was strong already and the kid had a past but unexpectedly, nagisa seemed to be a part of that past. It worried him along with the whole class.

They looked at their blueberry as he took down notes listening to the teacher. He looked so inocent, so ignorant of the pain the world brings but could it be possible that he already knew the tragedy of living? could it be possible that they only knew the person that he was showing them?

• • • • • • • • • •

Lunch time flew by and althroughot the class, everything seemed normal. When kai returned, they just ignored each other like they didn't even exist.

Everyone filed out of the room to eat their lunches only a few staying to eat at the room.

Nagisa was about to open his bento to eat on his desk but kayano nudged him. He directed his attention to her and notice three other people with her. Behind the girl were rio, okuda and... kai.

Kayano smiled at nagisa "want to at lunch with us?" she asked.

Kayano POV (but still third person POV somehow)

The lunch bell rang and everyone went out save for a few people.

Kayano noticed how nagisa and kai had this atmosphere around them and she wanted to fix that, sure she was unaware of their situation in the past or even now but at least she could get them to be on good terms.

Rio approached her and asked her to eat lunch with the blonde, kayano of course agreed. She noticed okuda about to eat their bento alone.

She was always shy, she spoke when she needed to but she stayed in the background most of the time and so the green haired girl decided that they should eat lunch with each other to be closer with her, the more the merrier right?