Chapter 21: Rainbows and Trust

"I dislike boys in general," I said that with much pride.  Finally, I got to say that out loud; it felt pretty nice.

Stella looked pretty surprised, later chuckling, "what you homo or what?"

I can tell that was a joke, of course I'm not but--maybe... "no, haha."

"Then, why?"

I sighed, shrugging.  "I don't know, it's a gut feeling. I feel it in my jellies." (Detective Pokemon reference uwu)

Laughing once again, "oh alright.  I understand you, there are many things I hate that I feel in my jellies  but one of them I know for sure is that girl over there."

Cassandra sat and started yelling at us, "oh yeah well I hate you too! Especially Y/N, you hurt me and purposely injured me!"

I grunted, disgruntled at her lies.

"Shut up, I know here well enough and better than you!  She would never purposely hurt somebody in this kind of way but I know your intentions.  You want to get Jungkook's attention just like any other of those naive girls.  Well I'll have you know that you keep fighting but drag Y/N out of this!" Stella spat out in fury. 
    It almost felt like she was giving a speech or going to a debate.  I felt touched by her words of defense for me, risking her reputation and potential new target for Cassie.

"Ha, you really think you know her?" She begin cackling like a b*tch.  "Know her well enough that she doesn't like to share secrets with you?"

Stella was still clenching her jaws but she turned over to me, suddenly feeling like she actually believed her.

"What secrets?" I asked.

Cassie kept laughing, "don't lie to your poor innocent friend right now.  You have been hanging out with Jungkook so much, he even came over to your house, helped you, you name it!"

Stella shook her head, "what does that matter?" She turned to me and smiled, smirking, then turning over to Cassie.  "They hang out, they are friends, none of your business."

"They are friends"...not really.

"Friends?" Cassie stared at us in disbelief, laughing.  "Have you ever seen the way Y/N treats him?"

"Again, this is still none of your business," Stella said in defense for me.

"Would you quit defending her?" Cassie hissed out sternly, "it's my business if she is hurting the feelings of my boy friend, who would soon be my true love!"

Stella stood up, clearly irritated.  "would you shut--"

"Stella, please...thanks for standing for me but she's right... I haven't said any truth."  I mumbled.

Cassie chuckled, "thank you! Jeez, I've always have been right."

Stella snarled at Cassie, "you still have to shut your mouth before I punch that fake cream caked face of yours!"

I held onto Stella's left shoulder, holding on tightly to keep her calm.  "Stella...it's okay."

"It's not okay!" Stella bellowed, still have her gaze at Cassie.  "She was my--" Stella started to tear up, "I've never have been a good friend, have I?"

My eyes grew soft, gazing at Stella.  "Nonsense! What are you talking about?"  I held one of her hand, "it's me who hasn't been a good friend.  I'm selfish, I kept avoiding others and get caught up in my own thoughts, not even asking about how your day went!"