Chapter 20: Fake

I walked with a slight limp.

There was a stinging pain on both of my knees that prevented me from walking properly.  I decided just to walk it off because it wasn't bothering me too much; it's just a scraped knee.

"Ms. Y/N?"  I would hear Mr. Kim say, loudly as I was walking in.  "Why are you late?"

I tried to think of an excuse, normally I was the first one to come in.  "Uh--I was talking to the PE teacher."

"Oh?  Then you must have a notice from the PE teacher, may you bring it up?" He held out his hand, signalling me to come closer.

Shoot--

I did a slight limp, "I-I..I just couldn't walk properly, nothing's wrong."

"Okay, go sit down--slowly."  There would be a small tone of sympathy in his voice, it wasn't obvious but I can feel it.  It was the first time his voice wasn't a boring and robot-like voice.

I gave a nod and went over to sit next to Jungkook.  I heard a snicker at the back of the class, it's probably just one of those annoying  girls though.

"How's your foot?" Jungkook ask as Nayeon, my English and History classmate, also Secretary of 1st year in this school; she was passing out our assignment.

"It's--fine," I reassured him.

He gave me this are you sure  face but didn't decide to bother me anymore.  That part though, I appreciated it;  I didn't feel like talking anyways.

.

.

.

"Hey, Sungwoon became a trainee!" Minseo squeaked at me.  Despite her excitement, she made sure she finished her lunch before talking.

"Ah--don't tell everybody," Sungwoon chuckled, taking a bite out of his sandwich.

"Only told Stella and Y/N, that's not everyb--"

"Oh my god for real?!" I exclaimed, also fueling with happiness and energy.

"YEAH!!!!"

It was unbelievable to me because I had never had anyone in my life--well err....interesting.  As in, I haven't ever got somebody who is at the point of being a celebrity or could be.  Then again, Jungkook is that kind of person but I still feel distance from him.  We didn't feel so close, I didn't feel like I knew him.

Then again, I know nothing of him.

\'~Flashback~'\

I laid on the school's bed with an ice pack on my right leg.  I came over to the nurse even though I had a grudge; mainly because of how Cassie was in with me as well.  Jungkook had took her here before Minseo and Stella did for me.  I heard her fake nice  voice from across the hallway, making me cringe.
    Going inside however, I just happened to past by Jungkook, who was making his way out of the school's nurse office.  I tried my best not to give eye contact or say anything but my head wasn't in my command.
     I stared into his big doe eyes, but it had no sparkle.  However, he didn't look at me, just biting on his lower lips, walking out. Our shoulders brushed against each other.

Stella had helped me settle on the bed as Minseo described what had happened to me during PE.  I thanked the both of them before they left.

"It's no problem, Y/N,"  Minseo said.

.

Footsteps.

Stella walks in, crouching down next to me.  She had a darkened expression that was hard to read.  "That jerk," she mumbles, staring outside of the glass door.

I was puzzled, "what?"

She turned to me, smiling.  "So, how are you Y/N?"

"Meh, just like always...." I replied, then chuckling.

Stella's eyebrows furrowed and turned over to Cassie who was "sleeping".  "She better have not caused you trouble.

"Eh, I had earplugs to tune her out, I had no idea what she was saying to me at all when she tries." I gave her an reassuring grin.

Nodding, she patted me on the shoulder, "good."

"So, how's class?  Am I missing anything?"

She shrugged, "Jungkook tried to ask me if you were alright but I just laughed."

I slumped my head against the pillow, "he should've just directly asked me...I would much rather him do that."

"That's what I told him, but did he come visit you?" Stella asked, going back to her energetic tone just like always.

"Ani, he probably doesn't care--"  just like any boy would.

I seemed to have mumbled my thoughts because Stella has asked me what I said.  "Nothing," I would reply.

There was a moment of silence.

"Hey..." Stella cried out softly, turning her sparkly hazel eyes at me.

I hummed, "hmm?"

"Why is it, what did Jungkook do?  I mean I get he is kind of a brat right now but other times he seems fine..." She asked me.

Was it obvious I wanted to avoid him?

"I--" I started out, thinking on what to say, "don't know."

Stella scrunched her brows in confusion, "is it because he is a famous idol?  Because Minseo hates those kind of fakers, have you found him out on that or something?"

Fake--

"No, I don't really mind what he is doing... it's just me being ignorant--"

Stella still seemed very confused so I plainly just said half of the truth.

"I dislike boys in general."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Yeah, it's short.  The next chapter comes out literally shortly after this so wait a few hours or so uwu.

And preview is in the last chapter for the next chapter, very confusing but I didn't decide to use the preview I made for this chapter so it'll be for next chapter.

Hope you enjoyed!