Thirteen: The Planning Room

Börja om från början

Suddenly, Taehyung glanced at Jimin's stomach with wide eyes and shuddered with overdramatic excitement. "W-w-wuh...wait Stone Prince, does this also mean that you're a heavy weight when it comes to drinking too? You should come over sometime then! Let's have a competition to see who can drink more, Park Jimin."

Taehyung winked at Jimin. The Stone Prince tutted at the optimistic fool who was Kim Taehyung. However, it make Jimin's heart flutter to hear his name spoken aloud by the Laurel Prince.

And he didn't know why.

"I'll come over so we can duel...then the winner of the fight can drink as much as he wants. How about that?" Jimin was a bit snarky back, hoping that Taehyung would catch the playful sarcasm in his voice. He truly didn't get the hang of communicating very well with his peers, and he hoped that his weak areas weren't too obvious in front of the other two princes.

"Sounds like a plan, Stoney." Taehyung hummed while patting Jimin's stomach once more. Jimin couldn't hold back the giggle that finally bubbled vigorously out of his mouth. Hah! Stoney!

It must've been pretty loud, because Jungkook turned his head back and gave the two a quizzical look before he turned back around to lead his two counterparts to the meeting room.

Jimin's cheeks were slightly tinged red in embarrassment at his break in composure. The uncalled for sound that came out of his throat made him sound like a little boy that had just won a new toy at the fair. It made him sound weak, pathetic...but the blonde didn't look at him any differently. Taehyung simply smiled at him, adjusting the collar of his shirt.

Stone. Stone. Sto-

"Alright, here we are." Jungkook stopped the two princes in front of a grayish door that for once wasn't made of oak or any other type of wood. Rather, the door was made of heavy duty plated steel. Two heavily armored guards stood at attention on either side of the doorway holding long pikes. The guards didn't even acknowledge the trio as they stood there; their faces were locked in on-duty, blank stares.

As if Jungkook knew that the other princes were going to ask about this anomaly in his castle, he spoke up. "The planning room is the highest protected room in the castle. Can't have any secrets getting out. This room and several other rooms adjoining this one are all barricaded by several steel locks and handpicked guards that will kill on command. Before we enter, I need both of you to take an oath never to share what is contained within this room to another living soul."

Taehyung and Jimin looked at each other and back at Jungkook. The youngest's jaw was clenched, serious to the highest degree. Jimin cleared his thoat loudly, stepping closer to Jungkook. His open palm faced the expectant Oak Prince, a stiff hand of oath.

"I, Park Jimin, better known as the Stone Prince of Noirwood and sworn protector of the north, swear on my life and soul that nothing I see or hear inside of the collection of rooms I am about to go into will ever leave be told to another living soul."

Then, Jimin bowed down all the way to the floor, rested his forehead on the smooth carpet of the hallway for three seconds, and straightened up to meet Jungkook's face. Why is he looking at me like that?

In Jungkook's eyes swam a strange expression that Jimin was confused to see...

Amusement?

Jungkook simply nodded his head in acceptance of the sincere pledge and motioned for the Laurel Prince to do his part.

"I, Kim Taehyung, pledge to Jeon Jungkook that I will keep all his secrets safe for him. I won't gossip about his rooms to anyone I know or haven't met yet." Taehyung reached out his hand, but instead of a hand of oath, he waited for Jungkook to take his hand in a handshake. "I pledge on the entire Laurel Castle and all the caskets of wine in my cellar."