thirty-two

DILLON

During the passing time it felt like everything was right and that I would be okay for now.

I introduced Robin to more people and she quickly became familiar with everyone. Chris and Harley were just about to take on the stage for their 'What So Not' set going on in the Owsla tent. I can clearly remember when back in 2012 when I was a line-up for the Owlsa tent and it makes me insane

how 2 years later I am taking on the Main Stage.

I'd love to play a small set in the Owsla tent but the place would go over capacity and chaos would rise. But I'm not complaining. Tomorrow I'm playing for a big crowd.

I tossed my drink in the nearest garbage and headed back to where I left Jake and Robin. I had no understanding of what they were discussing so I distracted myself by checking my phone.

"You should stay for Dillon's set tomorrow" Robin patted Jake on the shoulder.

Jake gave me a little look and I gave him a small smile, which in a slight way I told him he should come.

"Alright, that sounds nice. I gotta go right now but catch you guys later?" Jake clapped his hands and began slowly walking backwards away from us.

"You got it" I tucked my phone away in my back pocket and I waved Jake a goodbye.

Robin chuckled, "I can't believe I just met that guy. His music just pushes me through good old memories".

I couldn't tend to think of a response so I just smiled at her.

"I'm getting hungry, you down for anything?" I asked.

"Something to bite would be actually nice" Robin joined again at my side.

I appreciated how Robin wasn't actually afraid to tell the truth. It made me feel like I could trust her.

Usually like all alike when you asked someone if they were hungry they'd reply in an unsure manner.

As we got closer to a food stand just outside of Hard Summer, we ran into Alain and Robin was full with even more joy. Alain wouldn't play a set till tomorrow in the afternoon so he wasn't busy. He came through and decided to grab a bite with us.

It was around 7 and we would be back before to jump into see Harry play part of his set on the HARDer stage and also go by with Jake in the Owsla or also known as the 'Purple Tent'.

***

From the distance of this taco truck we could here the beauty of repetitive bass thudding music coming all the way from the main stage. I couldn't recall who was playing since I was too anxious to get food.

After ordering my things, Robin hopped in with her bi-lingual skills and ordered also along for Alain. Impressing us both. In my opinion, she sounded pretty damn sexy. I could already fantasize about it.

I slid into an empty table under a plastic umbrella to cover the sun away. It was your basic Taco Truck dining set up but it was wonderful.

Patiently waiting for us to be called for food we talked along pretty comfortably so we never really reached those 'awkward silences'.

***

After eating we walked our short way back to the grounds of Hard Summer as some people recognized me and Alain. We stopped by for a quick greet and hugs.

Right after that happened, Alain went off his own way not really warning me and Robin where he could be going. Alain basically disappeared into the thin of air.