twenty-six

ROBIN

"Want you to be my first, my last, my ending and beginning" Alicia Keys' 'Teenage Love Affair' had been blasting in the car. And I was singing along the whole car ride to work and grooving in my car.

So how I managed to pull a good mood just in time this morning for the first day of back to work. I believe the only reason I was in this mood was since Dillon was on my mind. Something just sparked in the middle of thoughts that there just this week I kind of became friends with Calvin Harris, Dillon Francis and DJ Snake.

All these amazing humans were surrounding me. Also the fact something happened, something so small but it was something that happened between me and Dillon fucking Francis.

Honestly I feel like I could yell to anyone in the face that there was a little 'something' between me and Dillon. And there was a most likely sure I would see Dillon soon, in just a month.

This month would probably be hell although waiting as time would pass by slowly for freaknight.

I pulled into the I-5 highway and was making my way into Downtown.

During the car ride I sang along to a random playlist I forgot I even made some time ago which were filled with feel good songs.

Minutes later I made it to Osteria La Spiga on Capitol Hill getting just in time for a free parking spot available.

Work.. I mean hell, I'm here.

***

DILLON

Throughout the night I only had 2 large drinks but they weren't very stong. Me and Anton talked a lot and had a good time which was the point. Anton left around 12 and I stuck around for another hour.

I had finally realized I probably looked so stupid sitting alone by myself at a bar and decided to get home.

On my way out of the bar someone recognized me, he asked for picture and I gladly agreed he could. He invited me for a drink but I apologized and turned him down on the offer for a free drink since I was extremely tired.

Once, I finally got home safely I took a good shower, brushed my teeth and went to bed. Tomorrow I had to fix things with my managers about the album and probably stick around to finishing up songs that were just half-way complete. And wait till Hard Summer since it was just around the corner this week.

Somehow I must manage to see Robin before even if it means taking a plane to Seattle.

***

The next morning I made some calls and did some texts sat around staring at my laptop screen proceeding to finish 25% of a song off on my laptop today and then taking the rest in into the studio someday this week when I could squish the time in.

Anton quickly made plans for us that we could manage into the week. It was also perfect since Hard Summer was right in my home. Los Angeles so there was no hassle of traveling and packing.

Robin on the other hand stuck to my mind more than I expected.

There was absolutely no way I was waiting till Freak Night on Halloween in October. I had too see Robin sooner. .

I told Anton last night a little about Robin, he seemed kinda struck that I was talking about a girl to him. He was just like me, we weren't well with relationships. So it was hopeless talking to him. Adam seemed much more reliable to talk to about this situation. I should have called him up he is probably really busy and with his new girl. I was surprised it was Mika, I don't think anyone had that relationship coming. But if it makes him happier I guess that's makes us all happy.

Robin never replied to my text maybe it shocked her a bit. My phone laid on my lap and I was rethinking twice if I should text her. Here came the situation again, I'm overthinking this more than I should but now I wasn't really sure because I feel like I would send her a stupid text out of nowhere and it would make things awkward even through text.

The day went by and I left my phone untouched for hours only producing music on my laptop laying on the couch with no only little energy sparking inside me to get up and walk to the fridge for some food.

I got the courage and pulled myself off the couch walking into my kitchen. I stared at the refrigerator for a second and snapped myself out of a thought. I felt something missing, it was at the tip of my tongue but I didn't figure it out.

Pulling open the fridge door I looked inside for something interesting to eat. Shutting the fridge hopeless after a minute of examining the fridge there seemed about nothing good to eat at the moment.

I opened all the cabinets praying there was something but truly there was nothing. My tummy growled. I looked up in the same cabinet once again. Macaroni wouldn't be that bad. Reaching for the box.

***

I stirred around the pasta cooking in the boiling small pot water and tossed in a couple shakes of salt in the pasta.

Everything was quite and it felt awkward. I put down the wooden spoon to the side and walked over to my laptop. I opened up my soundcloud for a moment scrolling in my feed and ended up playing some random Jack Ü set.

I returned back to cooking my pasta and gathered milk and butter from the fridge. I rinsed the water out of the pasta. In the duration my phone started ringing faintly over the loud music but I managed to hear it. I set down the pot of pasta and wiped my hands on my pants without thinking jogging over to my couch.

I didn't even car to look who was on phone caller, I just picked up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Um.. hi Dillon.. It's Robin. I needed to ask you something"

Robin. It was Robin's voice and it soothed me yet made my heart beat rapidly in my chest.

All these emotions were building up inside of me as I tried to figure out the write words to come out of my mouth in time.

I began stuttering insanely bad and I couldn't help it.

It was so weird how these emotions were triggering my right now but when I was with Robin in real life... god, it was so much weirder. But I liked it.

I inhaled a deep breathe from my nose and let it out of my mouth, "Y-yeah, sure a-anything.."

I was ready for a response.

A/N : i always like leaving off these cliffhangers. it's short since i really promised to update something today and wifi cuts out sooner since school starts. fml and school starts tomorrow and im v nervous. anyway i don't think i'll have much more time to write anymore but i sure will continue this out of most of my fics!

ayyyye lmao also happy birthday zedd. i can't believe he is 25 now.

i read some joke on instagram and someone was like "he broke free from 24" lmao get it... hah im lame. okay bye. see you sometime soon.