forty-three

ROBIN

"You need some rest." Dillon wrapped his arm around me while walking me to his room. 

I had just gotten out of the shower, feeling refreshed but also exhausted from the previous days that Dillon and I had put through, if this is how Dillon's regular week looked like I could far less imagine how busy and tiring Wesley's schedule looked like. 

"Thanks for dealing with me, I'm an emotional piece of shit." 

Dillon chuckled and squeezed my side tighter, "Don't be so hard on yourself, you're strong enough to get through whatever it is." 

Sure Dillon had done so much for me ever since MDBP, but I hadn't felt completely honest with him and surely I felt like I wasn't giving me him my all. I felt ashamed since he's been so kind to do much more than what I would imagine from a guy like him.

Expressing myself to Dillon didn't seem like the best choices right now since, who knows how many other important things he has to get through at the moment and putting my problems over his was way too ignorant of me.  Growing too emotionally to him also felt like something that I truly wanted, but I could not have. Dillon was growing as a bigger artist by the minute and it would be too much to put up with. I could already feel our growing relationship together would soon but slowly crumble by the smallest things. 

As badly I did not want for anything to happen, I would have to face reality that it would come sooner or later and it wouldn't be right to push away Dillon so sudden, it would be something to happen on its own.

Letting go of Dillon, i felt an uneasy feeling in my body but ignored it. Taking a deep breathe and pulling myself together, I grabbed Dillon's face with both my hands and pulled him closer so I could return the favor of kissing his forehead. "Okay, you have a big show soon. Don't worry about me, I'll be here right when you get back. Go put on a great show, for me. And if not for me do it for James." I smiled and stepped back. 

Dillon's eyes seemed to his a small shiny reflection from his soft blue eyes before returning the smile. "I will. Be ready by the time I come back, I'll be taking you straight to the airport, so don't worry about transportation."

"Thank You so much Dillon, I truly mean it. Hopefully I can give back to you as much as you have given to me, you deserve it." I sighed. Dillon didn't say anything but only pulled me back into his arms. His phone rung quite loudly, interrupting our moment together.

"I should probably let you go now." Dillon quietly said and released his grip. Even though I didn't want to be let go. 

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit." Dillon grabbed his backpack and keys walking out of the apartment.   

And with that, I slowly made my way to Dillon's room and began to organize my belongings. 

I tried not to think too much about leaving but it was so hard to not avoid because life over here felt so much more completely exciting and happier then compared to living in Seattle. So many differences could be put on the spot, I would move over here if I had the chance but unfortunately it couldn't be something I could afford. 

After packing, I laid down on Dillon's bed and pressed my face down into the pillow, it smelled like fabric softener but I enjoyed it. Noticing these small details, it kind of made me realize how long I hadn't had been in a romantic relationship with anyone in quite a long while.  

I honestly still have not got over the fact that Dillon has kissed me, thinking about the moments where it had happened felt like hundred of small butterflies fluttering in my stomach. With these warm thoughts I drifted asleep.