forty-two

DILLON

"Do you mind if  I snag a minute of your time?" Chris whispered from behind causing an uncomfortable chill down my spine.

I flipped around and a smile tugged at the end of his mouth.

"Sure,  no problemo amigo."

I quickly turn around to Robin and winked at her, "I'll be right back, mi princessa." Robin rolled her eyes and took a sip from her straw drinking out of a pepsi glass bottle. She continued talking to Amber, so I had left feeling comfortable knowing Robin had other companionship.  Swinging my arm around Chris' neck we made our way to talk with a bit more privacy in such a crowded event. 

ROBIN

Amber and I continued to talk about how her life as a female DJ compared to a males since it was obvious to find men more successful in their DJ careers rather than to woman. Honestly it was nothing bad but it sure was something that should be fixed to become more of a gender neutral thing.

I feel my stomach grumble a little. "I'm gonna go back to the snack table you want something?" I offer to Amber.

"Nah, i'm good but thanks." She nods her beer bottle swaying towards me as in a signal to let me go. I walk through several small groups of people laughing and chattering away.

Reaching the snack table, there was several things I could hog into my purse and run away.

Calm yourself.

It had slowly been coming to my realization that I had been eating more than I needed over the time I was with Dillon and nothing good was coming out of it.

A large platter had been filled with cookies personally designed after Alvin's album "Venture" and the detail on them surprised me. It had surprised me they weren't printed.  I grabbed a cookie looking at the curvy edges of the white cookie.

"Some good looking cookies, amirite?" I heard Anton's voice so close from behind, so familiar I could recognize his accent through several muffled ones close by.

"Looks so delicate, I don't even want to eat it." I softly laughed.

"Well if you aren't, than I will." Anton dipped his head in front of me and bit off a large portion from the cookie in my hand.

Small cookie crumbs fell down my hand and brushed them off. I laughed and nudged Anton off in a joking manner. "You could've just bit my thumb off!" I blew out a raspberry at  him and he laughed.

"You enjoying the party?" Anton speaks but his attention is stuck on the snack table, most likely in consideration of what he was going to devour next.

"Yeah, I feel so special that you even invited me." I finished what was left of the cookie.

"Ohohohoho, you haven't seen anything yet. This isn't even the album release party, but that is gonna be one hell of a party right there."  Anton began unwrapping the fancy parchment paper from the cupcake.

I stood silent for a slight moment not knowing what to say.

"You'll be there? Right?" Anton's eyes had suddenly looked like a child's glimmering from a reflective light.

"Let's hope so," I take my pinky and smudge off some vanilla frosting from Anton's cupcake and he  glares playfully.

"I'm about to play, wanna come hang along?" Anton licks the end of his lips wiping away a small smudge of frosting.

"On one condition." This got his attention the most.

"And what condition is that?" He raises an eyebrow.