nineteen

DILLON

"Are you gonna give up on her?" I heard from behind me. It was Adam.

I turned around and his both of his hands were stuffed in his pocket.

"Not so fast there, Adam", I said determined and sat back in my chair.

Adam looked at me kind of questioned.

I took a sip of a my margarita and got up walking to look over the boat returning back to the waving at the visitors looking over with a pair of binoculars at my side identifying faces. I absolutely knew none of them, I was just looking for Robin.

In a matter of minutes I was just going to give up and put my binoculars down before I felt a masculine hand on my back. I twisted over and Adam had returned back to me.

"What your plan then?" Adam said.

"Just to wait and see", Adam takes the black binoculars from my hands and begins observing the crowd of people.

"There," Adam took a long pause and stopped immediately scanning.

"she is", he finished.

"Robin?" I scoffed at him in disbelief. It took me long minutes of scanning to look for her and Adam spotted her coming out of the boat in less than a minute.

"Yup" Adam said popping his 'p' sound, backing away for me to go in front and spot her.

Peering in the small binoculars, it took me a moment to focus my eyesight through the glass. Skimming thought what seemed endless bodies shifting all around.

"I don't see her," I muttered.

"Look a little closer to the entrance" Adam's voice told me and I did so. I moved the binoculars down south of my sight and looked around. This was now seeming more hopeless than ever.

"Dark green military jacket, loose white t-shirt, black skinny jeans" Adam began giving me a description of what to look for. Looking closer I felt a bit of hope rising again.

"Black converse, nice ass" Adam continued as if I didn't notice. I kicked his knee shin with the back of my foot a bit hard.

"Fuck" he joked. I didn't pull back from the binoculars for any reason.

"Are you sure she's there"

"For sure", he confirmed.

ROBIN

The elevator ringed a bell and both silver doors split opening. I strolled my luggage out of the elevator behind me. People were unboarding the ship chanting and yelling knowing they had a good time.

I was finally going home.

I made my way through people who were walking so fucking slow and I had no idea why, some had stopped and were talking with eachother in the middle of the place. It was irritating.

My phone was in my hand and I had just called for a taxi on my phone. An actual taxi was closer which expected and for which I had luck so I didn't have to worry about being late. All I was hoping for was that luggage checking would go more well and quicker.

I stepped out of the boat, it was insanley huge.

People all around me were walking away but I felt like I was the only one who was standing still.

Things seemed so surreal to me through the last couple days it literally took me a minute to snap out of it.

I walked over to where Cars and mostly taxies had began stopping by to pick up people. I waited close near and for the sake of it took a picture of the boat from my point of view and added in a quick selfie.