15.2 | In which, forgiveness is the virtue of a queeN

Start from the beginning

As they stepped in the room she felt the silence. Before, where the families in the room had been happily talking, they now stared at the Alpha couple. Madeline cringed, she would never get used to that, the stopping or the staring. Xavier nodded in general and the conversations resumed, as the people around them took glances at both of them. It was unnerving, knowing they all regarded the two of them with reverence, and looked at them to guide. It was one of the reasons she'd come today.

You couldn't ask for the forgiveness of the pack if you yourself were unable to provide it.

Running her gaze around the room she rested her eyes on him, on Arthur. She felt her eyes tear slightly as she took in his condition. She knew the staff did all they could, but in the moments they weren't around, the lower-security members of the Asylum were harsh. Everyone had heard about the situation by the time he had arrived, and people were cruel. Especially when they knew no better.

Walking forward she took the seat across from him. Leaning forward as he slowly raised his eyes to rest on her. She could tell he was speechless. The last time he'd laid eyes on her, she was dying. As soon as he'd seen that, he'd run off into the surrounding woods. Elder Williams hadn't told her where he was found, but she'd made her own assumptions.

He sat there gaping at her, and she smiled slightly in an attempt to reassure him.

She knew neither of them knew where to start, and felt as Xavier approached. She immediately saw Arthurs reaction, the drop of his head and the submission of his barely present wolf. Xavier simply nodded, withdrawing all sense of his power from the room.

"Arthur," he addressed the man, as Madeline regarded him warily,

"When you are deemed mentally fit, I'd like to formally re-welcome you to the Veritas Pack. You've always been a beloved member of our little society, and while I know re-adjustment will be difficult, we'd love to have you back in our town..." Xavier trailed off, looking towards Madeline for approval. She found herself nodding, beaming at the man before her.

She knew he wasn't the forgiving type, and was proud beyond words at his willingness to forgive Arthur for her sake. Again, Arthur remained speechless, as tears rimmed his eyes. He seemed to be looking at her for agreement, as though his decision were reliant on hers.

"We'd both like to welcome you to our pack," she said, ensuring her voice remained light. She wanted the chance to connect with her father, the way he always had been, but she also did not want him to feel obligated to return with them.

"I'd be honoured," he replied, again bowing his head. She grimaced slightly, she still didn't like the head bowing.

Madeline glanced back at Xavier again, sending the silent message that she'd like a moment alone. She knew he'd be hesitant, but glancing around the room there was more than enough protection incase of relapse.

"Arthur, I want you to know I forgive you, in all ways for all things. I understand, your kindness and trust is a marvellous thing, and the manipulation of you, when you were in such a fragile state after..." She trailed off, not wanting to voice the subject, clearing her throat she continued,

"I understand, and I don't blame you. I'd like to get to know you." She finished her sentence slowly, and reluctantly, again she was unsure of her words. She didn't want to upset him, but she wanted her stance on the entire situation to be known.

She saw she'd left him speechless again, and smiled lightly,

"You don't have to answer now. Think about it, think about all of it, and when you'd like to talk the staff can contact me at any time!" She finished with confidence before moving to stand. She was stopped by a single, light touch to her knee.

Arthur stared at her, and she felt the staff around them move forward. He'd moved closer to her, and she wasn't sure how she'd not noticed that. Raising a hand, she halted the staff around them. She wanted to trust the man, and the only way to begin doing that, was to do it.

"I could not even begin to voice my gratefulness to the people chosen to raise you," he began looking at her almost questioningly,

"The Alvarez'" she supplied, and he nodded continuing,

"I couldn't thank them more for the women you've become. I can't even begin to fathom your forgiveness of me, but thank you none-the-less. I'd love to re-join the pack, and I'd love to get to know you, as my daughter." He smiled at her again, before hesitating,

"Will you be upset if I hug you? Will they freak out if I hug you?" He asked both questions quickly, and Madeline simply conveyed her plans to Xavier as she leaned forward hugging him. She knew with her making the first action, the hug would be seen as less of a threat. It would be awhile before his actions were seen as anything but malicious by the people around her, both staff, and pack included.

She pulled back, smiling at him gently, before saying goodbye and standing properly this time. Throwing a glance at Xavier she quickly linked him again, she had a plan and she wanted his approval before she made any moves. She saw the confusion, and indecisiveness on his face before he nodded once in her direction. Smiling at him, she thanked him for his understanding before quickly walking around the room to address each of the patients individually.

As she spoke to each of them, she stressed her forgiveness, and pleaded on Arthurs behalf for their forgiveness as well. Majority of them agreed, expressing that they'd try to understand, and to forgive, while the others told her there was no need, he'd already been forgiven by them. They understood the trauma of a mates death.

Standing properly, she moved towards Xavier, throwing one last glance at Arthur and a small wave before leaving the room. She felt happy, she felt light, and she knew there was only a small list of things left for all her problems to be solved.