13.1 | In which, a Queen is made

Neaera aka. "Moon Goddess" (as played by Colbie Smulders) ^^

MADELINE

Madeline, Xavier, and Elder Williams all stood there, shocked less by the men's appearance, and more by the people accompanying him, rather, the wolves accompanying him

As Xavier kept edging closer to her, Madeline could only stare at the men before her. Only moments ago she'd witnessed one of these men single-handedly cause the demise of her mother. Because he simply wanted more power. She was disgusted, disappointed, and devastated in the actions of the men, one of which was meant to be her father. How could one person be so single-minded, that they'd no only cause others pain, but put themselves through the pain of losing their mate? To live, as though they'd done nothing wrong for all these years. Madeline simply could not comprehend it.

One of the men began moving slowly towards them, as Madeline desperately searched for a way out.

"Maddie, Xavier and Elder Williams are both linking the pack, they're telling them, well, showing them what you just showed them, if you can keep him talking, reinforcements should be here soon!" Martina's explanation was rushed but provided a small piece of mind for Madeline.

Looking at the man approaching her, she noticed that the emotions flowing over his face were torrential. A culmination of guilt, love, confusion and understanding wafter from him in waves. She assumed he was her father, and acknowledged him as such,

"Dad," she whispered quietly as he fell to his knees. She watched as the other man scoffed, rolling his eyes at his twin on the ground.

"You see this," he said as though he were disgusted at the form before him, "This is why I had to take control of the situation," he snorted as he paused. Madeline was slowly piecing everything together, and as she did her heart broke for him.

Still, looking at the man before her, she couldn't bring herself to consider him her father. Sure, she could see the resemblance between them, but this man, even though he didn't seem like an evil genius, had systematically been the cause of her entire life being a lie.

Madeline was feeling as much anger, as she was feeling terror. She wasn't sure where the emotions of her mother began, and where they ended. They'd become part of her when they shared their mind. She was glad she'd experienced what her mother had done for her, what she had felt for her sake.

Arthur, she decided to call him, definitely looked as though he'd been having a hard time. Madeline wasn't sure, but he looked even more decrepit than when they first met, even though it had been less than a week ago. Her suspicions of magical intervention were confirmed when a person with extreme power walked out of the trees, stopping behind Albert.

"I'm sorry," Arthur whispered to her, "I didn't know what he had planned, I didn't know he'd assume my identity and come back... I loved her, and I didn't know." He stopped, sobbing into his hands. She felt her heart break. Her train of thought had been right, the man before her, her father hadn't killed her mother, he hadn't been actively involved in whatever plot Albert had planned.