7.2 | In which, actions have consequences

ANONYMOUS

Hidden by the bushes and trees of the forest the man stood surrounded by a small circle of wolves, he held his hand up, halting them as they all went to move forward towards the girl on the ground

"Patience," he told them, before glancing at a man at his side, who nodded in agreement. They needed an accurate assessment of her ability before they could attack her in any way,

"Gotcha," he whispered, watching her use magic to lift the rubble from her body, moving it to the sides, and yet leaving herself a clear path to walk from the rubble. He carefully observed the girl, he could tell she had no definitive grasp on any proper magic, and compared to those he'd faced in the past, she would prove to be no challenge.

He knew that a faerie had come in with the team, the barrier around the forest had analysed her soul, but it was partially blank, and as a man reminded him, there had been a singular fated inter-species mating, which had already been fulfilled. He needed to figure out the other aspect of her soul, it was essential to his plan. After finding out she was the mate of the Alpha, he knew she'd have to be a wolf with a strong disguise, and a descendant of the pack in some way.

She stumbled to her feet before manoeuvring her way out of the rubble and shifting into her wolf, circling the ground and laying down. He found himself snorting at the action, such a dog, he thought

"Can't hide from your own relative," a man trailed off and turned leaving.

The man glanced over in surprise, furrowing his brow before turning to follow.

He'd watched with a man, as the entire series of carefully orchestrated events occurred, putting her in this exact place. He watched her fall, sacrificing herself for the sake of Annabella, and cushioning herself simultaneously. She'd make a perfect Luna, he snorted before laughing. If she lived that long.