6.1| In which, the plot thickens

Jackson Alvarez aka. Madeline's adoptive Father (as played by Ryan Phillippe) ^^

MADELINE

Madeline wasn't familiar with the feeling she was experiencing

Madeline wasn't familiar with the feeling she was experiencing. It was familiar, almost contentment, but more. She felt more at home, in this strange place, than she had for a very long time. She attributed it to her entire family, and life being in a single place. While she was still uncertain about the conceptual nature of mates, and the direct implacability it had towards destiny, she couldn't deny the feeling Xavier enticed from within her whenever he was around. It was ecstasy, it was familiarity and the feeling of acceptance, regardless of her flaws. She revelled in the small amount of people it bought her, stepping from the house, and taking in the beauty around her.

It was a beautiful day, and although they'd come here to work, she wasn't complaining about their surroundings, even in the slightest. She'd decided she'd need to communicate with townspeople, it would give her a more accurate understanding on how the disease had progressed through the town, and the people. She was sure it had effected everyone in different ways, and she wasn't particularly able to test soil, and water for infertility.

Wandering through the streets nearest to the house, Madeline was quick to recognise a pattern in the behaviours of the townspeople. They acted the part of gracious hosts, smiling, and greeting her from afar, but were unwilling to come within close proximity, as though they were scared of her. Shrinking away into alley ways and shadows, and disappearing from sight. It frustrated her immensely, and while she understood their hesitancy, she hoped they knew she was only there to help.

She knew their fear could be attributed to any number of things, the daunting nature of what they perceived as a human, suggested by the Faerie council would be the epitome of the reasons, she was sure of it. Sighing, she continued through the town, attempting to shake the feeling of rejection.

Xavier had explained some more to her, about her link to the pack through him. As he was their leader, inherently so was she. It made sense that their rejection was effecting her in such a way, and it spurred endless thoughts in her. Surely, the pack would react positively to an outside force to accompany their leader? She was fertile after all, something their pack was relentlessly seeking, unless Xavier hadn't shared their status to his pack. Her thoughts troubled her more than she cared to admit, but she shook them off, refusing to be distracted by the pain they caused.

She supposed, at this stage finding someone in the town was aimless, but she harboured a cautious optimism. As she walked, she noticed the little lanes between houses were decoratively covered in images, and foliage. Each picture told a story, and from what she could piece together, each and every image linked to the one next to, showing the link between the pack.

She weaved through the streets, following the story. A pack, rising from the ashes defeat, growing in their solidarity on their way towards peace. It was a gorgeous story, and one that was portrayed accurately in every way.