42.

"No!" I say firmly, pushing him away before I let him do anything. "Leave me alone."

"Evelyn..." he looks at me with disappointed eyes, but I just shake my head.

"Leave. Now!" I point to the door.

Brad looks into my eyes one more time, then walks over to the door, opening it and leaving. I let out a breath of relief, proud of myself that I could say no to him. I sit down on my bed, putting my head in my hands. I almost start crying, when I hear the door open. I wipe my eyes and look up, watching as Maggie walks in and shoots me a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" she sits besides me, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Yes," I snif, smiling at her. She pulls me closer, wrapping her other arm around me and caressing my back. "I almost gave in," I admit.

"But you didn't," she whispers and I can hear the smile in her voice. "We're going to a party tonight," she pulls me slightly away, so she can look at me.

"No," I shake my head.

"Yes. You need to get your mind off of that jerk," she says, her voice firm. I just roll my eyes, knowing I can't say no when her voice is so firm and demanding.

-

After I finish my makeup, I leave the bathroom and wait for Maggie to put on her heels. We head towards her car, driving to Connor's house, who's throwing another party. Maggie pulls up in front of Connor's house after a few minutes. I look out the window before climbing out, seeing a lot of people. My ears get filled with music and the people's voices all around the house. My roommate grabs my wrist and pulls me inside, her grip tightening as we walk through the crowd. We head towards the kitchen first, getting us some drinks. After that, Maggie leads me towards Connor's living room. We find everyone sitting there, even Brad. Our eyes meet, but I quickly look away and sit down next to Maggie and Tristan. He shoots me a smile, which I return before taking a sip from my beer.

"Okay, now that everyone's here, we should do something," Ashley suggests, clapping her hands together excitedly. I watch as she leans against Brad, who moves slightly away, trying to push the girl off of him.

"What about beerpong?" Maggie suggests. "We can play in teams. Eve is going to be with me."

"I'll play," Tris speaks up.

"Me too," Brad says before anyone could, locking eyes with me. I glare at him, rolling my eyes and getting up from the floor.

The boys move the couch away, placing a wood table in the middle of the room. Lucy and Kirstie put cups into a triangle at both sides, filling them with beer. I look at Maggie, having no clue what to do.

"Okay. Just watch me, then do the same as I did after their turn," the dark haired girl points to the boys. I nod, watching as she throws a small ping-pong ball towards the boys' side. It lands right into a cup and Maggie cheers next to me. I smile too, watching as Brad takes the plastic cup and drinks the beer out of it.

I wait for Tristan to throw the ball in a cup, ready to drink, but he misses. I smirk at him, taking a ball in my hands and throwing it right into a cup. Maggie and I high-five as Brad drinks up again. We lock eyes, glaring at each other as my teammate throws the ball, missing this time.

At the end of the game, Maggie and I win. Brad drank almost all the beer on their side and he's now pretty drunk. I am too, only I drank since Maggie has to drive us back.

"Very good for a start," my roommate praises me. I smile at her, sitting down on the couch and taking a sip from the bottle of beer I left on the table. Brad walks over to the couch, sitting down next to me. I move away, getting as far away from him as possible, but the couch seems to be too small.

"Please just forgive me," he leans over to me, so I can hear him over the loud music and voices talking around us.

"No," I shake my head, taking another sip from my drink. Brad rolls his eyes in annoyance.

-

Three hours into the party, I find myself straddling Brad's lap, being drunk out of my mind. We're making out, me running my fingers through his curls while he grips my hips. I slightly move my hips back and forth, feeling him getting hard. Thankfully we locked ourselves into a bedroom, so no one can see us. I don't know what took over me, I just look over at Brad one moment, finding him very hot, and the next moment I find myself locked up in a room with him. This has to be the alcohol.

He pulls me slightly away, gasping for air. I look into his chocolate brown eyes, playing with a strand of his hair.

"I love you," he whispers.

"I love you too," I answer, smiling at him.

"Please forgive me?" the curly haired boy asks. I just nod my head, knowing my answer would be something else if I was sober.

We leave the room, walking into the kitchen because I got thirsty. I sit on the kitchen counter, waiting for Brad to get me a bottle of water.

"Eve?" I hear Maggie's voice from behind me. I turn my head around with a smile. She walks over to me, sitting up next to me on the counter. She already knows that Brad and I are on good terms again, since she saw us walking upstairs.

"Here," the curly haired boy walks over to me and hands me the water. I thank him, opening it up and drinking half of it. In the meantime, I part my legs, so Brad can stand between them. I wrap them around his waist, putting the bottle next to me and Maggie.

The curly haired boy wraps his arm around me and presses his lips against mine. I kiss back, wrapping my arms around his neck. I giggle after we pull away and look over at Maggie, who is now making out with a boy as well. I watch them with furrowed eyebrows, waiting for them to finish. My roommate is the first to pull away and look over at me, slightly blushing. That's when I remember her telling me about her boyfriend.

"Um, Eve... this is George. My boyfriend," she introduces the boy to me. "George, this is my roommate and best friend," she smiles.

"Hey," I greet the boy first.

"Hi," he shoots me a sweet, friendly smile and turns back to his girlfriend. Maggie and George start making out again and I take that as a sign for me and Brad to leave.

I yawn as we walk back to the living room, finding everyone sitting in their usual seats.

"We're leaving," Brad announces, snaking an arm around my waist. I lean into him, closing my eyes as he says goodbye to the others.

When we're done, we search for Maggie. I ask her if she wants to come with us, but she declines. Brad and I walk out into the cold air, which makes me shiver. I quickly throw my jacket around my shoulders as we make our way towards the curly haired boy's car. He opens the passenger seat for me and I sit in, closing my eyes. Brad joins me, starting the vehicle and turning on the heat before pulling out of Connor's driveway.

"So... what are we now?" I talk slowly, yawning.

"I don't know. Boyfriend and girlfriend?" he asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Sounds good to me," I smile before closing my eyes again.

I drift slowly asleep as Brad turns the radio on slightly. The music plays quietly in the background and I hear Brad tapping his fingers against the wheel to the rhythm of the music.

-

"Babe, wake up," the curly haired boy shakes me awake. I open my eyes slowly, looking around.

Brad helps me out of the car and inside my dorm room. I kick off my shoes, laying down on my bed.

"Do you want me to leave?" Brad asks quietly.

"No," I pout, reaching for him. He takes my hand in his and helps me stand up. I groan, not wanting to stand on my feet anymore tonight. I just wanna lay down and sleep.

"Let's get you in your pajamas first," he chuckles, sliding down the zipper of my dress.

"Mhm," I humm in response, letting him take off my dress and pull the hoodie I stole from him down my body. We walk back to my bed and I lay down first, closing my eyes.

"Goodnight, princess," Brad whispers in my ear and kisses my neck as I fall asleep.