21.

Brad takes a few steps back and grins at me. I'm left completely speechless and wanting more than just his breath on my neck.

"Hi," a familiar voice snaps me out of my state and my head shoots towards the entrance of the garage. Tris. My eyes wander to Brad, who visibly tensed up, but is trying to hide it while walking back behind the microphone stand with his eyes focused on the floor. I sit back down on the couch and focus on the bass guitar Connor placed on the ground to greet his friend.

As Tris sits down behind the drums and they continue practicing. Brad and I keep eye contact the whole time as he sings and I'm trying my best to calm him down. I eventually manage to, he seemingly forgets about Tristan's presence and smiles at me the whole time, which I reciprocate shyly.

"You guys are really good," I praise them as Brad steps next to me and wraps his arm around my waist.

"Thanks," James smiles at me, putting down his guitar. I hug Connor and James, saying goodbye to them and awkwardly smile at Tristan before leaving the garage.

"Can't believe this jerk came after all," Brad huffs, intertwining our fingers as we walk towards my car.

"You told me yourself. Ignore him," I smile up at him and let go of his hand to sit in the driver's seat.

"It's hard when he's clearly trying to take you away from me," he sits into the passanger seat and picks at his nails.

"Away from you?" I kink an eyebrow, starting my vehicle.

"Yes, from me. You're mine," he says, taking my free hand into his and resting our hands on my lap.

"Since when?" I tease.

"Since we first kissed," he smirks at me and I smile.

"So, does this mean we are... dating?" I ask, slightly confused.

"I guess," he nods. "I've never dated before, so I don't know how that works."

"I'll teach you then," I chuckle, turning the corner to Brad's house.

I stop in front of his house and the curly haired boy leans in, pecking my lips. We exchange small smiles before he climbs out and I drive towards the dorms.

-

"Good morning," Maggie grins at me as I sit up on my bed.

"Morning," I groan, checking the time. I still have five minutes until my alarm goes off, but I still get up and walk inside the bathroom to get ready for the day.

"How come you're up so early?" I ask the dark haired girl after I quit the bathroom.

"I couldn't sleep," she shrugs. "Plus, I have an early class."

"Do you want to drive with me?" I suggest, slinging my backpack over my shoulder.

"No, it's okay," she shakes her head with a smile. "Have a nice day."

"You too," I smile, leaving the room and walking towards my car.

Minutes later, I'm pulling up in front of the school's building. As I climb out of my car, I spot Brad and instantly smile. He's wearing sunglasses, which is odd, because the weather isn't sunny at all, but I ignore it. He starts walking towards me, but quickly passes. I furrow my eyebrows, calling his name.

"Brad? Brad, what happened?" I hurry after him. He doesn't stop and keep on hurrying inside the big building, but I catch up and grab his wrist. Brad finally stops and turns to face me, not taking off the sunglasses.

"What?" he snaps.

"What happened?" I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. I know when something's up with this boy, and this is one of those moments.

"None of your damn business, Evelyn. Leave me alone," he harshly says, turning around and continuing his walk. I stand there, watching as he disappears behind the big double doors.

"Hey Eve," James greets me with a smile. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just... nevermind," I shake my head and force a smile on my face.

"Brad is grumpy today," he rolls his eyes as we walk up the steps and into the building.

"I noticed," I nod my head in agreement and smile at Kirstie, who's walking towards us. She greets me, then wraps her arms around her boyfriend's neck and kisses him. I look away, scanning the hallway as the two greet each other.

"See you in psychology," James says goodbye and walks away with his girlfriend.

I spot Tristan leaning against a wall and scrolling through his phone. I decide to walk up to him and say sorry for how harsh I was.

"Hi," I gather his attention.

"Hey," he slides his device into the pocket of his jeans, along with his hands.

"I just... wanted to apologize for being so harsh with you. I'm really sorry, I was just concerned about Brad," I look down at the ground.

"It's okay," he smiles at me, easing my nervousness. "I'm sorry for yelling, too."

"Uhm, do you want to grab some coffee before classes start?" I ask.

"Are you sure this is a good idea? I don't want Brad to jump on me or something."

"He won't, don't worry," I shake my head. Tristan agrees and we walk out of the building and into the small café that is right next to our college.

I regret that I invited Tristan to have a coffee with me as soon as we stepped foot into the café. Brad was sitting at a table, not alone. Ashley, Connor and Lucy were sitting with him. As soon as our eyes meet, mine widens. Ashley leans onto Brad's shoulder and laughs at something. The curly haired boy just keep staring at me, not noticing Tris behind me.

"I'll order for the both of us," he leans closer to my ear, keeping his eyes on the others. I just nod and start walking towards their table.

"Hey Eve," Lucy greets me cheerfully.

"Hi," I clear my throat and take a seat next to Connor. I avoid eye contact with Brad or Ashley. Why is he doing this?

"Did you come alone?" Connor asks.

"No, I came with Tristan," I shook him a smile and look at the blonde haired boy, who is walking towards our table with two coffees in his hands. "Thanks," I take one out and take a sip, still avoiding Brad's eyes.

"Hey mate," Connor and Tris shake hands as the taller boy takes a seat next to Ashley. We exchange glances. It seems like we don't need words to say what we are thinking.

I sit there in silence, sipping my coffee and listening to the others. Ashley keeps on leaning into Brad's side, caressing his thighs. I don't see Brad reciprocating, but it still isn't a very pleasent sight for me.

"I gotta go," I stand up, having enough of Ashley flirting so visibly with Brad.

"Already?" the dyed haired girl fakes a smile and I wish I could just slam her head into the table.

"Yes, already," I say harshly and storm out of the café. I hear footsteps following me close behind and think it's Tristan, but I'm proven wrong when Brad demands me to stop. He grabs my wrist and turns me around to face him, an angry expression on his face.