20.

"I should go now," Brad stops in front of the room's door.

"You can stay here tonight," I bite my lower lip, "if you want," I add.

"No. I caused enough trouble for one night," he looks behind me at Maggie, who is patiently waiting for Brad to go home, so she can be nosey all she wants.

"Well, okay. Goodnight," I press a kiss on his cheek. He shoots me a smile and an apologetic gaze to Maggie, then leaves.

"What the hell happened outside?" Maggie jumps to her feet.

I sit down on my bed and start telling her what happened. From Brad asking me to go outside to Tristan hitting him and me fixing his bruised lips as good as I could.

"Whoa, Brad didn't hit back?" the dark haired girl asks, surprised.

"No," I shake my head, furrowing my eyebrows. "Why is that so surprising?"

"Because he usually hits back," she shrugs, sitting back on her bed.

"Sorry for waking you up," I quickly change the subject before my curiousity gets the best of me.

"It's okay. Not every time I get woken up to Brad being the innocent one in a fight," she says, making me laugh.

"Yeah," I chuckle, laying back down and staring at the ceiling.

"Goodnight," Maggie yawns and lays down, turning her back to me.

"Goodnight," I whisper, knowing my roommate already fell asleep. I close my eyes as well.

-

I wake up slightly exhausted from last night's events and for staying up late. I do my usual morning routine and sling my backpack over my shoulders, leaving the dorm room. Maggie is still fast asleep as I slowly close the door, trying not to create any sound and wake up the whole building. I hurry outside into my car and drive towards the school's building.

I park my car and check if I got any messages before climbing out. I've got one from my mom, saying that I should call her after my classes are over. I slide my phone into the pocket of my jeans and head towards the big double doors, stepping inside the big building. I quickly spot James and Connor leaning against a wall and talking about something. I decide to walk up to them and greet them.

"Hey guys," I smile at both of them.

"Hey, Eve. How are you?" Connor asks as I hug him, then James too.

"Tired. What about you two?" I ask cheerfully. I look down to see a cup of coffee in James' hand and realize just how much I need that right now.

"Want some?" he chuckles, holding up the cup for me. I nod and take it out of his hands, taking a sip.

"Thank you," I hand him the cup back and look behind Connor to see Brad approaching us.

"Good morning," he greets us grumpily, making me chuckle.

"How's your lip?" I ask. Con and James turn to me with questioning looks, but I act like I didn't notice and focus on Brad.

"It's not that bad," the curly haired boy shrugs.

We talk for a few more minutes, then head towards our classes. My first class is going to be awkward, since I share it with Tristan and he's sitting right in front of me. I take a deep breath, stepping inside the yet empty classroom and taking my usual seat.

When the bell rings, everyone starts walking inside and occupying their seats, talking and laughing with each other. I see Tristan walking inside, but his eyes are fixated on the ground. He plops down in front of me and rests his head on the desk. I sigh, taking out my notebook and waiting for the teacher patiently.

-

"He didn't even look at me," I sigh, telling Brad what happened at my first class as we make our way towards psychology class. I hand him the cup of coffee which Maggie brought me.

"Ignore him," Brad holds the cup to his mouth and takes a sip.

"But I was really harsh with him last night. I should apologize," I say.

"No, you shouldn't. I told him multiple times to leave and he didn't listen. That's what he gets for that," the curly haired boy gives the cup back and I take a sip as well. We pass the cup back and forth between each other until it's empty. I throw it into a trashcan and follow Brad inside psychology class. James is seated in his usual spot and I sit down next to him, continuing my conversation with Brad as he turns around.

"Psychology class isn't going to be kept. You can go home or wherever you want," a girl from this class peeks her head inside and tells us.

"Cool. We're going to practice, wanna join us?" James asks as we all stand to our feet.

I look for approval at Brad, who nods, "Sure," I smile.

"Tris can't make it, though. He has something to do," the taller boy says and I exchange glances with Brad as we walk outside to our cars.

"Lead the way and I'll follow," I say to James, who nods. I sit inside my car and pull out of the parking lot, following James and Brad towards a house. It's James'.

I park my car in the driveway behind his and follow the two boys inside the garage. Connor is already sitting in there, playing the bass. He looks up at us and shoots me a smile, which I return before sitting down on the old couch that is placed in the corner.

"Which song should we play first?" Brad steps behind the microphone and turns towards the boys.

"I don't know. Same To You?" Connor suggests. Both James and Brad agree and they start playing. Brad's fingers slowly start moving on the piano he sat down behind and I'm mesmerized. Then he starts to sing, and it's like I'm sent into another universe. His voice is so soft and sincere throghout the whole song.

"How did you like it?" he grins at me after they finish the song.

"It was amazing," I smile, still in awe from his beautiful voice.

"Okay, let's continue with Can We Dance," Brad demands and the boys oblige, playing the chords to the song.

As the song almost comes to an end, Brad takes the microphone off of the stand and walks towards me. He grabs my hand and pulls me up to my feet, leaning down to my ear, singing: I've been a bad, bad boy, whispering rude things in her ear. Those words make me blush and a shiver goes down my spine as Brad's hot breath hits my neck.