Chapter Forty-Three

"Finding a prince might mean kissing a lot of frogs. Or kicking a lot of frogs out of your house. Falling might mean running headfirst into something you always wanted. Or dipping your toe in something you've been scared of your whole life. Happily ever after could be waiting in a field a mile wide. Or in a window as narrow as seven minutes."

- Kierra Cass, The Heir Pg. 278

"When I met you, Jungkook, I thought, 'Here we go again. Jin's hired another one who is just gonna fall helplessly in love with me and I can't do anything about it.' Well, I wasn't wrong. I just happened to fall helplessly in love with you too. It's been a journey. We've seen a lot of clouds. But I know we haven't hit the ground yet. We havn't finished our journey yet. And I'm excited to see how much longer this journey is. I'm excited to see us grow old together. I'm excited for all of the inside jokes from all of the stupid fights we have. I'm excited to see you go gray." Taehyung says, pushing a singular strand out of Jungkook's face and taking Jungkook's hands in his.

"I want to read you the Selection series and I want you to read me stupid Instagram posts. So that's why I'm marrying you. Because I know I can do all of that with a friend or my brother, but they're not attractive and with you, I know it's love. And I know it's not one sided love. So, I, Great Almighty Kim Taehyung, promise to keep you safe. I promise to stay with you through sickness and in health, thick and thin, rich and poor. I promise to stay with you when you're mad and when you're sad. I promise to love you, always and forever." Taehyung finishes.

Jungkook stands there, wide eyed, mouth agape.

"Jungkook? It's your turn." The ordained minister says.

"Oh, right. I don't know how I'm supposed to top that." Jungkook says, scrambling to pull his vows out of his pocket which causes another wave of chuckles to cross the crowd.

"Kim Taehyung. Where do I start? You're absolutely wonderful, inside and out. You are beautiful and handsome and cute and hot all rolled into one and I don't know how our maker did it. But other than being sculpted by Zeus' lightning bolt, you are the smartest man I know. You can tell a pitch and a note by just hearing it. That's a keen ear, if I've ever heard of one. You always seem to brighten a room and you can completely turn a situation around. You've got your quirks, but those are part of why I love you. When Jin told me we were doing this, I was skeptical. I didn't know you too well but I knew I'd grow to love you somehow, whether it be romantically or platonically. Obviously, it became a romantic love but these are the things that happen. And since I love you, I've already promised myself that I would do the following actions, but now I want to promise them to you. I, Jeon Jungkook, promise to love and care for you forever and ever. I promise to stick with you through good times and bad. Through clear skies and storms. Through thick and thin, rich and poor, sickness and in health. I promise you with all of my heart that I will stay by your side even if it means chaining myself to you. I'd do it. Because I promised you I would. And I know that I'd do anything else you asked me to do. Even if it was to jump off a bridge. I promise to love you, always and forever." Jungkook says, squeezing Taehyung's hands.

"Mr. Kim, here is your ring for Mr. Jeon." The minister says as the ring bearer holds up a little pillow with two rings on it.

Taehyung slides the ring on Jungkook's finger and Jungkook realizes that there was something engraved on it.

"I thought we were just getting bands?" Jungkook asks quietly.

"Mr. Jeon, here is your ring for Mr. Kim." The minister says and Jungkook takes the remaining ring and slides it on Taehyung's finger.

"You remember when I asked you to go to the hospital and get your heart beat taken?" Taehyung asks, taking Jungkook's hands in his again.

"Yeah?"

"Well I had mine taken too and I got our heartbeats engraved on each other's rings." Taehyung says, pulling the younger a little closer.

"I now pronounce you Husband and Husband. You may now kiss your groom." The minister says and Taehyung immediately moves his hands to Jungkook's waist as Jungkook's move around Taehyung's neck. Their lips connect and Taehyung bends Jungkook over backwards a little as the guests stand and begin clapping and cheering.

The two make their way back up the aisle to lead the party to the parking lot. The bridal party had a limo that was taking them to the next venue and they had arranged a car for the parents and minister to ride in.

"Hey, Jungkook, guess what?" Taehyung says as he opens the door to the limo for the younger.

"What?"

"We're married." Taehyung says, voice dropping an octave or five.

"I know." Jungkook says as plays with his ring, his face overtaken with a smile.

"You know what that means, right?"

"What are you meaning?"Jungkook asks with a sly smile.

"We get to cuddle all the time!" Taehyung squeals and Jungkook just takes the younger's hand and laughs.

"Baby, we already cuddled all the time." Jungkook says, laying his head on Taehyung's shoulder.

"Well, yeah, but now we have no reason to, like, stop cuddling."

"Yeah we do. We still have to go to work and eat and take care of ourselves."

"Well I know but I meant like us living in different apartments so one of us would have to leave the other to get ready for the day. Now we can just get ready together."

"Leave it to you to be upset about having to take care of yourself."

"Whatever." Taehyung says with a smile before leaning down to kiss the younger.

"Hey, you two, no fucking during the wedding." Junghyun says with a smile as he pops another M&M in his mouth.

"We weren't-" Jungkook begins.

"You know what? Since they want to kiss so badly and we have a little time on our hands, why don't we play a round or two of Pockey?" Jin asked, holding up a pink box that said Pockey on it.

Everyone agreed on the game and also on Taehyung and Jungkook going first. So Taehyung pulls out a stick and sets it between his lips. Jungkook attaches his lips to the other end of the stick and they begin chowing down. Once they've reached the end, Taehyung pulls it into his mouth which cause their lips to connect. Jungkook closes his eyes along with Taehyung and they began actually kissing.

"Oh shit! They're going at it!" Hyunjin says.

"Well no shit, Sherlock." Jin says with a smile as he wraps an arm around Namjoon's shoulders.

Jungkook pulls away from the kiss, panting slightly as everyone else cheers. Someone suggests that Namjoon and Jin go which everyone agrees with.

The two put the stick between both of their lips and chow down until there isn't any space between their lips. Their kiss isn't as dramatic as Jungkook and Taehyung's but everyone still got a kick out of it.

"Ooh, bitches we're here!" Junghyun says excitedly, practically jumping up and down in his seat.

"Who gave him alcohol?" Jungkook asks and Junghyun looks at him in fake offendedness.

"I will have you know that I jave not had alcohol yet, I'm just excited to be getting alcohol soon. There's a difference dear brethren of mine."

"Just get out of the car."

- - -

A/N: THIS ISN'T THE END, I PROMISE! I'M NOT READY TO LET THIS GO YET... which means there will be at least two more chapters. Plus an Epilogue. Love those things. Also, sorry for not updating yesterday, thought I did it. For that, I'll give you the next chapter right now. Anyways, hope you all have a good week!