Chapter Nine

The struggle is real.

Jungkook was heavily struggling to get out of his new bed. It's six in the morning and he has to be to work upstairs at eight but he still can't manage to remove his body from the fluffy bed.

Jungkook's phone started ringing and he grabbed the phone, answering it without checking the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Oh, you're actually awake. Hey, I'm outside with coffee. Come open the door for me?"

"Taehyung."

"Ding ding ding, we have a winner."

"You're outside of my apartment?"

"Yes. With coffee. I didn't know how you liked it so I bought it black and got a bunch of creamers to go with it. I'm guessing you have sugar but in case you don't, I also grabbed a hand full of sugar packets."

As Taehyung is rambling into the phone, Jungkook gets out of the bed and walks to the front door.

"Hey- oh, did I wake you up?" Taehyung asks as he takes in the younger's appearance: ruffled hair and a pair of white basketball shorts.

"No, I was just struggling to get out of the bed."

"Oh yeah, that happens to all new employees. Anyways, where do you want me to put this?" Taehyung asks as he lifts the cup holder a little.

"Over here." Jungkook says as he leads Taehyung to the kitchen.

"Great. So, as I said, I didn't know how you like your coffee so I just got it black. Is that okay?"

"Um, yeah. Let me go put on a shirt real quick."

"Okie." Taehyung says as he bounces a little on the stool.

He's talkative in the morning. Or maybe he's already had some of his coffee. Either way, it's cute. Wait, no it isn't. Oh who am I kidding. It's fucking adorable. Jungkook thinks to himself as he pulls on a hoodie that had been left out in case he got cold through the night.

Jungkook walks back into the kitchen to find Taehyung playing on his phone.

"How did you get my hoodie?" Taehyung asks, genuinely confused as he sees the gray puma hoodie.

Taehyung was stunned. Jungkook looked fantastic in the hoodie and the fact that it looked like Taehyung's made it ten times better. Taehyung finally understood what all the books meant when they said that their clothes looked good on their significant other.

"This is mine..."

"Then we have matching hoodies." Taehyung says, a smile inching onto his face.

"I guess we do then. Were you needing to talk about anything?"

"No, I just wanted to bring you some coffee. I always get a coffee but I figured that it wouldn't hurt if I started getting you one."

"Well, let me pay you back." Jungkook says as he picks his wallet up off the kitchen island.

"Nope. No payment needed. This is my generous gift to you."

"For what? I've literally done nothing for you."

"Yeah, but the golden rule is to treat others the way you want to be treated. I'm not expecting you to buy me a drink every day but I'm still being nice. It's my way of making a tiny mark on the world that could someday turn to a bigger mark."

"You are- I don't have the words for it. Are all of the Kims like this?"

"My brother is. But he practically raised me so that's probably where I get it from." Taehyung says as he looks down at his hands that are fidgeting with a little piece of trash he picked up.

"Oh, I didn't know. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up a sensitive subject."

"It's not sensitive, I just feel weird talking about it because I'm supposed to know my parents but I only have a few vague memories of them."

"Every family is different and now Jin and Namjoon are your family. Maybe someday you can consider me a new addition to your family. Family is defined differently for every one."

"Thanks Jungkook."

"For what?"

"Making me feel a little bit better about where I came from. Now, get ready for work, Jin said we had a lot of work on our hands today."

- - -

A/N: Guys, listen... I have nothing to say but thank you for reading and for reading all of my other books. It means so much to me. Now do something constructive.