Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Hello?"

"You ready to go, Tae?"

"U-um, yeah. I just have to finish one little thing." Taehyung says, barely paying attention as he finishes his eye liner.

"You need to stop worrying about how you look all the time." Jungkook says, entering the bathroom.

"Holy sh- Jungkook! How did you get in here?"

"You gave me a key, hyung."

"Don't! Sneak up on me like that ever again."

"Okay. But seriously, you look handsome as ever." Jungkook says as Taehyung goes back to his eye liner.

"Thank you but seeing as this is our second date, I want to look extra good."

"Whatever. I'll be in the living room when you're done."

Taehyung takes a few more minutes before bashfully walking to the living room and gathering his things.

"I'm ready to go." Taehyung says, sitting down next to Jungkook.

"Great. What do you want to do first? Bowling or dinner?"

"You're taking me bowling?"

"Well there is a large assortment of things we're doing tonight but, yes, bowling is one of them." Jungkook says to an open mouthed Taehyung who just stares dully at Jungkook.

"Do you not want to go bowling?"

"No, I love bowling! Come on, let's get dinner first, I always do better on a full stomach." Taehyung says, breaking his silence as he grabs Jungkook's hand and practically launches the other towards the door.

"What's your favorite kind of food?" Jungkook asks in the elevator.

"Anything really. As long as the legs aren't visible, then I'm good."

"What are you in the mood for right now?"

"Mmm, I'm craving ice cream but we're gonna go with burgers."

"If I wasn't with you, would you eat ice cream for dinner?" Jungkook asks as they exit the elevator.

"Probably. But just because I don't actually keep food and if I do, it magically disappears. I think I sleep walk."

"I know a good solution to that." Jungkook says with a shit-eating grin as they walk to Jungkook's car (they rode the elevator down to the parking lot beneath the building).

"And what is your solution Dr. Jeon?"

"We'll just cuddle and then I'll trap you in a bear hug and you won't be able to go anywhere."

"That's not the answer I was expecting." Taehyung says as they both open the doors and get into Jungkook's Mazda KAI. Yep. That's right. He is driving a concept car.

Just kidding. Jeon Jungkook? Spending his barely existent money on a car they won't even let citizens drive yet? Yeah, call me when the world ends, maybe then he will.

No, but Jungkook will spend his money on his dream car.

A Chevrolet Corvette Z06 in a light, metallic sky blue that they called Ceramic Matrix Gray Metallic. Jungkook kept the factory wheels in black and the interior was a dark gray. Since he customized it, he kept it very basic and pretty much just changed the color of the car. In the end, he spent ₩94236841.80 but that was his life savings (and his first few pay checks) that he found out was going to quickly double after he started working for Jin. It may not have been a wise choice, but Goddammit, he has his dream car.

"This is a nice car, by the way."

"Thanks, but what were you expecting?"

"Honestly, I was expecting something sexual."

"I mean, that would work too. You just say the words and we'll do it."

"Pfft, as if you're the top."

"I'm verse, thank you. Get with the times, Tae."

"I'll try."

The rest of the car ride is silent.

They go to a little burger shop on the side of town where Jungkook used to live.

"Jungkook?" A feminine voice asks when the two enter the restaurant.

"Sunhwa?" Jungkook asks, noticing who called his name.

"It's been forever! What are you up to now?"

"Oh, you know, inheriting businesses, the usual."

"Whose business did you inherit?" The girl asks as she leads the two to a booth.

"Kim Eateries. And in order to get it, he has to marry me." Taehyung says, feeling the need to show that he was the one getting Jungkook.

"Oh my God, you're getting married? When's the wedding?"

"Um, probably some time in December. Do you want me to invite you?" Jungkook jokes and Sunhwa laughs before answering with a yes.

"I'll see if I can get you on the ever-growing list."

"Will your brother be there?"

"He might."

"Great. Well, I'll leave you two alone." Sunhwa says before leaving the table and another girl comes over to take their drink order.

- - -

A/N: How do we feel about Sunhwa, the plot idea that didn't go anywhere? Jeez, I need to stop trying to have plot ideas because none of them really work. Anyways, I just want you to know my mom wouldn't let me buy a rainbow shirt because other people would think I was gay. Do you know how hard it was to hold a straight face? I ended up telling her that I wanted it because I liked the colors and I pretended like I knew Bible stuff. Hope you guys have a good week!