CHAPTER 22: LIL GUNNA

"We started out as close friends... I think I loved you before I knew you... lately you been actin' so rude... just wipe yo eyes and stop this crying.. I told the truth, that I been lying... I gave you racks, I tried to buy  in..." 

 //SONG: CLOSE FRIENDS BY LIL  BABY//

SCENE: DELONTAE is out. Aisha gets in the Escalade with him, while Kinte is guarding her every move.  And Aisha wonders why... 

AISHA'S  POV

AISHA'S  POV

"Tarvin!" I say and hug him excited, when I see him sittin in this Escalade.

"What's up lil gunna?" he smiles and hugs me back. I'm so glad that Tarvin outta jail too. The dude who opened the door for me gets back in to drive, and when we pull off, Delontae is just staring at me... I drop my smile and my eyes. I glance at Kinte.

It's quiet as hell, and I'm scared, feeling Delontae watching me. And Kinte got this look on his face like Delontae is crazy as fuck, and deep down I already know it.

"Haven't I always looked out?" Delontae suddenly asks me. And my heart swells- cuz on the real, I'm so glad to see Tae. I start crying and I dive on him, huggin' him. I feel safe as hell now, wit Delontae out to save me like he always do. Always.

"Pop dead! I missed you I'm so glad you out, I missed you, I'm sorry I ain't bein' no good daughter," I cry to him. And he growls out and push me off him! And I feel so bad and shocked- I stare at Tae. Wow.

"I don't wantchu to be no good fuckin' daughter!" he grabs my face and whispers all hard up in my face-- and I freeze, staring back-

"I raised you from birth - to be a muhhfuckin G. To be my lil gunna. Dat's what I raised you to be," he tells me... I stare back at him confused.. and he lets my face go and backs up. And I don't know what to feel or what to do, what da fuck? Fuck this shit!

"You went over Bo baby mama house keepin up shit?" he suddenly asks me and blows out smoke. Dayumm, Delontae know everything I do, just like always! It don't matta if he locked up or not. I just watch my hands. I look up and over at Tarvin. He winks at me, and it makes me feel so much better.

"Answer me Aisha," Delontae say. I breathe out.

"Yeah. I did," I admit. So hell, that bitch came at me first!

"Why?" he ask me.

"Cuz hell, that bitch called me talkin' all dat shit, she 16, I'm 13, and she was all like bitch Pop dead cuz of you and tellin' me to pull up, pull up, so I did it hell, I ain't no punk," I explain.

And he just watching me. I look back down at my hands.

"Why you so mad at me, I should be the one mad at chu," I mumble.

"I'm mad because you disobeying me and rebellin' and shit! I"m mad cuz you don't get it, when I just knew that you would," he tells me. I look up.

"Get what?" I say and I see his teeth clench. Tarvin just turns his head to the window. Kinte looks away too, and I get an uneasy feeling.