CHAPTER 8: ALISHA MOORE

SCENE: Bo's dad remained behind instead of leaving Swann Street, and he did it so he could talk to Lorenzo Butler, in private. On an early clear morning, with Aisha missing, it's about high time two old friends, sit down and have a little talk... 

BO ARMSTRONG SENIOR'S POV 

Big Zo Butler.  Big Zo was one of the hardest young niggas on the block in my day. Should have been, I'll say. He younger than me, by about ten years, but looks way older now. He done fell off bad, drinkin' and druggin'. But I remember when he was ballin' and rollin' in drug money -- and he had the finest pretty young thang on the block: Alisha Moore.

 But I remember when he was ballin' and rollin' in drug money -- and he had the finest pretty young thang on the block: Alisha Moore

Big Zo Butler was the man for a lil while after Delontae got locked up. But Zo couldn't stop drankin'. A young nigga: he had got shot, back when he was in high school. In the face and in the stomach. Now that's all he is -- a dranker and a Hellraiser. And I'm done wit the Southside. I got out of the game when I turned 30 years old, 8 years ago, and I put my money into a Subway. Now I own 5 Subways, and my wife got her own catering business. Doing real good.

But my son still loves the hood no matter what we do. No matter how we almost wound up dead when them niggas tried to rob me, Bo can't let go, he loves this shit. And Aisha. Got me over here fuckin' with Zo Butler. Cuz I know it's something up with Aisha, and Zo knows more than he sayin'.  I look around me and walk inside.

"Sit on down right there," Zo tells me. I glance around his house and it's clean, with the ghetto fabulous look, and I'm kinda shocked. I guess between Angela and Aisha they keep it clean.

"Wha? I done told you, Aisha ain't goin' nowhere, she ain't even here," Zo tells me again.

"I get that. I just came back inside to let you know that movin' you and Aisha in my house? Was not my idea Zo. I see how you checkin' me out. Like I told ya -- Aisha or nobody is callin' you unfit. But you told my son you'll call him. And I see how you hangin' 'round that phone. At this point I'm just tryin' to see how to solve this whole mess," I admit to him.

"Aisha MY business! You showed yo shit to me when yo son told you bout my daughter, and you told him Aisha just dodgin' him," Zo tells me back.

"Showed my shit?"

"Hell yeah nigga you ain't one of us no mo' nigga! You on some White folks shit!"

"Nigga I'm on some stayin' alive shit, nigga look atchu! Look at what done happened to you Zo! Look what da game did to yo ass, and it almost got me too, look atcha self!"