CHAPTER 15: EVEN DEEPER: AMANDA WYDELL

//SONG: ROLEX BY AYO &TEO//

THIS IS THE POV OF DETECTIVE ROBERT KIMBROUGH: OF THE GEORGIA BUREAU OF INVESTIGATIONS

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"First of all, I'm sorry about your friend, Manifest. And I'm praying for her to pull through this. She's hanging on, in critical condition -- but everyone is thankful that you got her here, as fast as you could," I say, watching the four teens sitting before me, squirming. They all nod, and the girl wipes a tear from her eye. These teenagers, they keep so much shit going these days, and they don't have a clue.

"You know what I've been doing for the past two hours?" I ask them, and they all look up.

"Reading Youtube comments," I say, and they all watch me...

"It is absolutely amazing what you can learn about a teenager's life on Instagram and Youtube. And from what I can gather: Flossy James wit the new roly helped Trent Daniels -- after he and Jerrell Gaither kidnapped Aisha Butler, and Manifest Phillips. Aisha's boyfriend and his crew, 'straight checked' Flossy James, or whatever you guys call it," I say and all four pair of eyes drop from my face to the floor.

"And that's how you guys found Manifest. Am I right?" I ask. And of course they say nothing.

"I've been on this force for over 20 years

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"I've been on this force for over 20 years. I know guilty, and a I know bad -- as soon I smell it. You're not bad. You're smart, and courageous kids, who all love Aisha. And I need you to focus on that love, and use those smarts, right now, and help me out," I try again...

Nothing. So my partner steps up. And she's not so nice.

"Let me tell the four of you something. Because I'm a mama. And I see you, sittin' right here. And I know all the little shit you do thinking you're smart? I'm Black, and I know why you hate me, why you hate the police. But see, I'm on the right side, looking for Aisha right now, no matter how you and all your little friends feel and all that little nonsense about street code- this is some serious shit. So no one is playing with you, or caring about all that. Right now? We're being nice, while that little girl -- your friend -- is out there. But if you keep playing that snitches get stitches and that street code shit up in here? You'll be hostile witnesses, hell more like suspects of a felony -- and we'll treat you like that," Detective Nelson, my partner says and slaps a picture of Aisha Butler down in front of them. They all tear up, and stare at the floor.

AISHA: AISHA GOT ITजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें