CHAPTER 6: POP'S HOUSE

SCENE: Aisha stayed at Pop's house after Bo left, and is there when Bo calls to deliver the news that he wants Aisha to live with him and his parents want it that way too, so they can monitor their relationship. Manifest aka Pop is sittin' beside Aisha, listening to Aisha's conversation.

But so is someone else...

THIS IS THE POV OF AISHA

Pop is sittin' there on the edge of her mama sofa, trying to keep her eyes on the carpet

Pop is sittin' there on the edge of her mama sofa, trying to keep her eyes on the carpet. So Tent won't get no more pissed off and crazy than he already is.

They fenna kill us. Thinking we snitched, when we didn't say shit.

"That's so good Bo but Pop mama comin' lemme call you back," I lie to my man and can't even tell him to come save me cuz this nigga got this gun aimed dead at me. 

"What's up bitch get up! Come on," Jerrell pushes Pop off the sofa and then he pushes her up the stairs when I hang up the phone with Bo. And I start crying.

I wanted to cry out to Bo, so bad, and tell him to bring his crew and come kill these niggaz, they got us. Trent and Jerrell got me and Pop. But I knew betta than to do it. Trent woulda shot me.

A lonely house, not a party house, is what it feels like over here right now. I stare at the light brown carpet. Pop's mama works all night long, and she sleep all day over her boyfriend house trying to catch him cheatin' on her, so I know she won't be home until 7:30 in the morning after her shift. Our whole crew knows that. All Miss Lisa do is shower and change and make sure Pop at school and ain't no big trouble and her house ain't burned down she be sayin' -- and then she dip back out. It's 2:47 am. I keep staring at the floor. I wonder what Jerrell doing to Pop right now...

"Get up! You too!" Trent suddenly snap on me and put his gun right by my ear

"Get up! You too!" Trent suddenly snap on me and put his gun right by my ear. Like I said, I just keep my head down and stand up. I just knew the police woulda caught this nigga by now.

But instead, they here. About to kill me and my best friend.

"You just told dat nigga you love him and you gone live wit him, you and yo daddy and shit, oh so you must be pregnant for him?" Trent ask me about Bo, actin' all jumpy. I glance at the gun and the AK and shake my head no.