Chapter 27

Jessica smiled in front of the new couple despite her heartache. She could feel Yuri gave a tight grip to their linking hands under the table. Yeah, and she has Yuri now.

A few months ago when she saw her cousin with the woman she had loved, her heart felt like being stabbed, punched, whatever you named it. She vividly remembered she called Yuri and went for a drink which turned out to be dozens of them. She passed out that night, Yuri said. Thankfully, Yuri was kind enough to let her passed-out body to spend the night at the latter's house.

Fast forward to a month, Yuri invited her to dinner and asked her to be her girlfriend though the latter already knew her feeling towards the best friend of hers.

Feeling bad if she rejected, she said to give it a try. Yuri was not bad either. She always cheered her up whenever she felt down or caught Tiffany's lovey-dovey action with Taeyeon, she would go to Yuri. She was thankful enough that Yuri understood everything.

She knew it was wrong to still in love with the best friend of her current girlfriend but she could not help it. It still hurt. She would be lying if she said she did not have any feeling with her girlfriend, heck, Yuri was loveable. She was an understanding girlfriend but sometimes she felt like she used Yuri so much. Once, she had a talk with her on the topic but it made Yuri enraged and it was not a sight that she loved to see again so she avoided the topic at any cost.

Now at the sight in front of her, of course, her feeling towards the girlfriend of her cousin had not gone away yet. Somewhere hidden in a part of her heart, she believed.

"Congratulations, guys," she gave a smile. She did not know whether it was a sincere or fake one.

When she saw how widely her cousin grinned when she announced her relationship with Taeyeon, she felt warm. She really loved it when her cousin's happy, she would feel the same too. Plus, she had Yuri now.

Unconsciously, she also tightened the grip under the table, leaving Yuri smiled widely too.

***

"Can we meet my parents now?" Taeyeon joked.

From the corner of her eye, she could feel Tiffany was throwing daggers at her.

With her other hand on the steering wheel, she gripped into Tiffany's hand, eyes still on the road.

"It's not that bad, wasn't?"

Apparently, both of them worried for nothing. Yuri and Jessica were one of the important people in their life so their opinion was all that matter.

"You know that Jessica liked you before isn't," Tiffany trailed off, "and she still is."

She turned to Tiffany quickly. She caught her sad tone.

"I know it all along but hey, she has Yuri now."

They talked a little bit more of their friends then Taeyeon halted the car when they had arrived at Tiffany's place.

"See you tomorrow then, Miss Hwang?" Taeyeon wiggled her eyebrows and earned a light slap on her cheek.

"I'll still keep an eye on Baekhyun, Tae," Tiffany narrowed her eyes.

Baekhyun was actually the lower floor's worker but Tiffany just moved his office to their floor since she could see the ability of the guy but she truly regretted it ever since she knew the guy had been liking her girlfriend since her first day of work.

Privacy aside, she still kept her professionalism on top. And Baekhyun was a good guy too. One day, she would tell the guy politely to back off from her girlfriend or he would also be in the firing list.

"He is like my little brother. Don't treat him badly, please?" Taeyeon pouted.

Tiffany just patted her cheek, where it received slapped just now, then kissed her pouting lips. When she felt Tiffany was letting go of her lips, she deepened the kiss by holding Tiffany's head from escaping her grip.

Once she was satisfied enough, she let go of her girlfriend's head and grinned cheekily when she noticed the dark expression, "I love you too, Miss Hwang."

"You're lucky that I like you."