Chapter 24

Tiffany jerked a bit when her phone suddenly rang. Reading the caller's name, she swiped the green button.

"I found the person you're looking for already."

She fixed her posture when she heard that. So she finally could meet the mysterious model now? The chances of it could be Taeyeon would be less than 50 but it was no harm in trying, "Just text me the information."

Soon after she received the information, she grabbed her hastily and drove to the informed place.

The name was Chaeri. From what she had been told of, Chaeri just got back from Canada after finished her photoshoot. But something was off with the Chaeri girl. Especially with her body that did not even show any curve just like the mysterious model had. Even her lips were a bit weird and her nose was different too.

"So, why did you walk away from me last time?" Tiffany asked the taller girl which was weird too since the model was like shorter by an inch or even more than her.

"I was in a hurry last time."

Tiffany tried not to snicker by the weird smile that the other woman gave her.

"Finally, I found you. I just wanna say that you're the one that my heart wants. No other person will make it beats rapidly till it feels like bursting out than you," Tiffany walked slowly at Chaeri.

"Can I hold your hand so that I can really know that it is you," Tiffany added before offering her hand at the taller girl.

Chaeri did not have the second thought since she knew who could even recognize people by holding their hands? So, she just gave her hand to Tiffany. Tiffany smiled upon the contact and pulled it away, "You're fake. Just so you know, the real person will flinch when she's being touched especially by me so just get out from my face before I do something that you'll probably regret for the rest of your life."

Tiffany looked at Chaeri in disgust. Even if Chaeri was the last person on earth, she would never even want to be with her. She left the dumb-founded person alone then headed outside.

She tilted her head to the left side when she heard the familiar ahjumma left. There, she saw Taeyeon with Yuri and a few other people walking on the streets. She smiled because there was no way she would be mistaken the wrong person anymore.

Just as I thought you were far from me, you're actually the closest.

***

Taeyeon could not focus. It had been a week since their last meeting and Tiffany had not contacted her since then. She even felt it odd that the said person did not summon her in the office anymore. She knew she complained about it because last time, every single day she had to meet the employer but now that she did not, she felt empty.

"Hey, is Miss Hwang okay?"

That one day when Bora passed her the documents she needed to sign, she took the opportunity to ask the secretary. She met Bora every day now since the secretary became the delivery girl between Tiffany and her though she still did not know why.

"Yes, she's okay. Why?" Bora replied, creasing her forehead. Of course, she noticed that Tiffany did not call Taeyeon to the office anymore but she thought they had some couple fight or something.

Taeyeon shook her head softly and thanked Bora for the documents. She sighed in exasperation.

One thing she needed to check was, she did not hurt her employer's feeling right? They were okay during the lunch date. Okay, it was not a date but still. Just thinking about it made her cheeks felt warm. She fanned herself and startled when she heard someone cleated their throat. Turning around from the computer, she got up from her seat almost quickly, "Good evening, Miss Hwang," she bowed a little.

Tiffany replied her with a smile, a smile that showed her beautiful crescent eyes and she did not know how long she had held her breath till Tiffany waved her hands in front of her face.

"Earth to Taeyeon?" And did she ever say that Tiffany looked so amazingly gorgeous today?

"I-I'm sorry," she stammered then looked at the ground, feeling embarrassed of herself.

"That's okay. Are you busy now?"

She lifted her head up and raised an eyebrow, Tiffany's voice was so soft, not the one that she always used against her.

"Hmm.. no?" She gestured at her empty table.

"Wanna have lunch with me? My treat."

And Tiffany freaking gave her that smile again! Can she die in peace now?

She cleared her throat off when she noticed the looks given by the staff especially Jennie whose cubicle just beside hers, "Hmm.. yes, sure."

***

They had their lunch at the cafe of the building. Taeyeon really tried to ignore the stares from the workers. Tiffany was the owner and she was just a mere worker, of course, everyone looked at her weirdly.

"Just ignore them," Tiffany said softly and pulled Taeyeon closer by the arm. Just as she expected, Taeyeon flinched by her touch but she acts oblivious to it. She could felt Taeyeon had become very stiffen and uncomfortable of the stares, she sighed. This was not how she expected to be.

Grabbing Taeyeon's hand boldly, she pulled her along to the basement, heading to her car. She gripped her hand tightly and hid a smile back. Taeyeon did not say nor complain anything about it and it made her happier.

She thought so hard about the thing she would be doing and she hoped that she was not the only one who felt that way.