Chapter 20

"Defeat her, Taeyeon. Help me in defeating her."

If Taeyeon heard the same word repeating from Mrs. Hwang's mouth again, she would definitely not hesitate to stuff the older woman's mouth with the tissue she was holding.

She didn't know why she needed to defeat Tiffany or in other words, change her. When Mrs. Hwang summoned her in the meeting room for a talk, she was nervous but then, she got nervous for nothing. The latter kept on repeating the same thing all over again, saying that she was the only nicest woman in the building she had ever met.

Taeyeon wanted to say that she tried to change her daughter but her daughter was so stubborn, persistent and also very arrogant too but that would be counted as whining and if Tiffany knew, she would be dead so she pushed aside her thought.

"Or, are you hating on her?" Mrs. Hwang asked when she didn't hear any answer from the silent girl. Her voice sounded so hurt that Taeyeon felt guilty over everything, "No, that's not what I mean. Of course, I like your daughter since she's the boss but-" she hesitated.

Mrs. Hwang was looking forward to hearing the answer. Personally, she was quite hesitated to ask for help from Taeyeon. She just met Taeyeon today so what if Taeyeon already in a relationship?

"I'm not asking you to be her girlfriend or something, just a friend is more than enough. I'm glad Stephanie has a friend like you," she smiled warmly. If she could, she would actually be glad if Taeyeon was Tiffany's girlfriend or even her future in-law but as if Tiffany wanted it to be.

Taeyeon heaved a sigh. Everything was still a blur to her. It happened to fast. Now, in front of her was Mrs. Hwang, the second powerful person of the company below Mr. Hwang itself.

Mrs. Hwang felt the sorrow mood but she tried to smile nonetheless. She tried to shrug the sorrow feeling, "Let's have lunch together, okay? I want to know more about you, Taeyeon," who knows I could change your mind?

Taeyeon mentally groaned. Together as if with her daughter too. It was just yesterday that she had her lunch with Tiffany and Jessica and now with Tiffany again? She could feel how Tiffany would give her a death glare.

***

"So? How was it?" Wendy asked when she saw Taeyeon headed back to her cubicle. Taeyeon just slumped her body on the chair. She expected this, the staff being so nosy, asking about her personal life.

Jennie once told her that Mrs. Hwang always did the little interview with the new staff regarding not to interfere with her daughter's life and such.

Taeyeon wondered what would the other's reaction if she told them that Mrs. Hwang actually asked her to change Tiffany in a good way like defeating her? No one would want to believe her though and besides, there was still Nickhun to handle, acting all oblivious at the back there as if Taeyeon didn't know.

"It's okay, don't think it too much. Everyone here received the same treatment too," Jennie smiled knowingly.

"Yes, that's true. You should go now, it's lunchtime. So, try not to think about it, okay?" Baekhyun suddenly came to the scene.

They all turned quite when Tiffany suddenly headed towards her, looking so rushing.

"Mommy asked for lunch with you, right? Come on, let's go," surprisingly, Tiffany didn't have the tone of irritated nor mad, just a stable one. Taeyeon inwardly flustered but she followed her to the elevator anyway. She didn't want to be called as a princess or a queen by the devil again this time.

***

"Say Taeyeon, what do you want to eat?" Mrs. Hwang as they were already on the car.

Taeyeon just shrugged, saying she was not really picky. Apparently, since it was using Mrs. Hwang's car, they were all sitting at the backseat since the driver was in front, and she also insisted to sit at the back and not on the seat next to the driver's. How could Taeyeon say no to that?

When they had arrived at the restaurant which the owner was Mrs. Hwang's friend, Taeyeon was in awe. The place was very classic. The interior design was really fascinating. They were greeted by a middle-aged woman, all smiling when she saw Mrs. Hwang. Probably the owner.

Taeyeon just kept mum when they were talking because who was she to interrupt? She didn't even know the owner's name but smiled when they had brief eye contact, "Is this perhaps... Tiffany's bride to be? This is how you should pick your bride to be, Miyoung. She's so pretty and also nice."

Taeyeon choked on her own saliva when she heard that. Yesterday was Tiffany's fiancè and today was Tiffany's future wife? No one had ever mistaken her as a girlfriend, what in the world?

Tiffany too, on the other hand, was surprised to hear that. She always hangs out with her partners but never in her life they had mistaken her partner as her girlfriend nor boyfriend, let alone her future wife or husband.

"Ah, no. Taeyeon is her worker. It's Chiyeol's friend daughter," Mrs. Hwang explained. Both of the girls breathe in relief.

"Really? That's too bad then. Both of you are so perfect for each other," Taeyeon and Tiffany just smiled. They didn't know what to say.

But, Mrs. Hwang and the owner were actually smiling knowingly at each other.

***

Mrs. Hwang was not like everyone saying in the office. She was nothing but a very nice person. Mr. Hwang was nice and her wife too so why did their daughter have to be so opposite? Taeyeon wouldn't want to.

Mrs. Hwang was sharing her how spoiled Tiffany was when she was still a kid and such but Taeyeon could only reply with a smile. She didn't know what to say because she was afraid that the said person would kill her as soon as the lunch was over.

When Tiffany suddenly whined about how her mother spilled everything to Taeyeon, Taeyeon couldn't help it but smile and it was a genuine one this time. Tiffany looked so cute when she whined like that.

"What are you smiling at?" She stopped smiling when she heard a cold voice.

"Of course she smiles. Why would she cry over your childhood? It's not even close as sad if she wants to cry," Mrs. Hwang scolded her, slapping her arm in reflex as if silently warned her to prevent her mouth from saying bad things to Taeyeon again.

Tiffany winced in pain. Her arm wouldn't be good if every day she received the harsh treatment. Mrs. Hwang turned worried when she heard the wince, "What happened to your arm, Miyoung?"

When Tiffany just stayed quiet, she repeated the same question but this time, at Taeyeon. Taeyeon felt guilty because it was her fault that Tiffany's hurting.

"Nothing. Just some minor accident at the site," Tiffany answered.

"You should be more careful. We only have you, Miyoung," Mrs. Hwang said lovingly.

Taeyeon suddenly had a hard time to swallow her chicken chop even though it was as small as a stone.

"I know, mommy. Yes, I should've been more careful of the surrounding and not to take it for granted," Tiffany said again, glancing at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon knew the mocking tone of Tiffany. She knew that she's on the fault since she told Tiffany to be careful when she was the who careless.

"And Taeyeon, if this stubborn daughter of mine ever hurt you or anything, just inform it to me. I'd give her punishment for being so naughty," Mrs. Hwang turned her attention at Taeyeon.

Tiffany groaned. Last time, her daddy told the same thing to Taeyeon and now, her mommy too? If Taeyeon ever told them about the incident with Nickhun at the office, she would be glad to kill her with her bare hands. Now that Taeyeon had the approval from both of her parents, she was doomed. Or should she sign an agreement paper of their friendship with Taeyeon?