Chapter 8

Taeyeon was never a fan of attention. In fact, she hated it very much. Plus the fact that Jessica just greeted her and also sat next to her already drew of the attention in the office to her. Despite that, she tried really hard to not to frown at the brunette by giving a smile as a reply.

"Oh, Jessica! What are you doing here?"

Once the question out of her mouth, she really regretted it. She was right about Jessica's flirtiness towards her when she heard 'I missed you' as a reply. She only gave a forced-smile and continued doing her work. Even though the whispers and murmurs were really distracting her, she gave her full attention to the screen in front of her. She mentally scolded Jessica for that.

"Well, I need to get going now. I'll see you at lunchtime, okay?"

Taeyeon didn't even nod nor say yes. She just kept her mouth shut, still focusing on the screen. From the corner of eyes, she could see that Jessica went away from her table already. She sighed in relief but, that was not it.

One of the workers, which she was informed as Hyorin, asked her relationship with Jessica. Taeyeon just shrugged her shoulders, saying that they were just friends and nothing more than that. She was not insane enough to fall in love with a person in just a week.

"I hope so... because her attitude is the same as our boss. Playgirl."

And Taeyeon didn't care about it at all. She didn't want to involve any of the 'Playgirls' life, Heck, she even regretted to enter the company honestly.

***

Around 12 o'clock in the afternoon, Bora went to Taeyeon's table. She gave a wide smile to Taeyeon which she replied with a frown. Well, it's really rare to see Bora out of the office, though. It must be the jerk's order then.

"Hmm, yes?" Taeyeon frowned. She was informed that the jerk asked Bora to tell her about her moving to the 17th floor which means that Taeyeon would be working on the same floor as Tiffany. She was relieved when Bora told her that she might be an architect of the company and not the type of worker that needed to photocopy or staple stuff. But thinking of working on the same floor of her new nemesis was a big no.

Nonetheless, Taeyeon obeyed because she really didn't want to have a fight with her boss, again. She sighed as she finally finished packing her things in the box that had been provided by Bora. Making her steps to the elevator, she looked back for the last time on the floor that she worked for less than a week. As expected, no one even looked at her, let alone wishing her. She chuckled bitterly and continued her steps.

Once she arrived on the 17th floor of the building, she made her way to her place, as Bora explained to her this afternoon. As she was about to put down the box, she was greeted by a person named Wendy and Nick. They were both also architects.

But, Taeyeon noticed that Nick was not as friendly as Wendy. He looked annoyed whenever Wendy forced him to reply to her questions which were mostly about Tiffany. Taeyeon was really not interested what Wendy said but being a polite girl she has always been, she could only nod or maybe even polite, she gave a small smile.

She learned that Wendy could be really annoying sometimes and she talked non-stop. Just like on cue, Bora walked at her and told that Tiffany wanted to meet her. She mentally thanked the jerk for saving her life once. She excused herself from Wendy, saying sorry. Nick was gone since minutes ago. Perhaps he was also irritated with Wendy, Taeyeon thought.

***

She stared at the person who looked so serious, focusing on the screen of the computer. Taeyeon groaned in an annoyed manner because what was the point to come into the office if she only did was staring at the brunette, doing her own work.

"I didn't call you here for nothing."

Taeyeon jolted up a little when she heard Tiffany's cold voice. She snickered but it went unnoticed to Tiffany which she really glad. Well, it was obvious that the brunette called her something but then, it was her fault that she didn't tell Taeyeon about anything at all instead, she just stared on the screen.

"You do know that all the staff here are busy working on the project because of the due date is just around the corner, right?"

Taeyeon nodded. The one that called as Key told her about it. But because she was still new, she only knew some of them.

"So the purpose of you here is that you need to help Wendy. She has many works. You can help her with the work that you think you can do it. Get it?"

That was the reason why Tiffany told Taeyeon to move out of her old office. The latest project was really important and plus, she wanted to lighten the burden of her employees. And Taeyeon was the chosen one. She could also ask Taeyeon to do that and this. For this time, she killed two birds with one stone. Tiffany mentally grinned on the thought. Tiffany Hwang was indeed a genius.

Meanwhile Taeyeon, on the other hand, was the opposite one. She felt really unsatisfied. Working with Wendy means working with Nick too. She didn't like the idea a bit. Nonetheless, she didn't dare to give any comments regarding it since Tiffany was still her employer after all.

Thinking too deeply in her thoughts, Taeyeon didn't realize that Tiffany actually asked her question. Tiffany cocked an eyebrow at Taeyeon. The shorter girl seemed like in deep thought. She rolled her eyes and cleared her throat. Finally, the shorter girl looked at her.

"I asked, do you have any questions?" Tiffany narrowed her eyes.

Taeyeon shook her head, looking down because of embarrassment. She should really cut down her bad habits though, having deep thoughts whenever she was still having a conversation with someone.

"And why are you looking at me like that? Am I too pretty today?"

Taeyeon wanted to puke when she heard that. Psh, pretty my ass.

She replied with a smile, a sarcastic one. She thought that I stared at her because she thinks she's pretty? Pft, In your dreams. Well, she really is pretty but no, I didn't stare because of that. But, if she really wants it, let's play then.

"Yes, Miss Hwang. You are really pretty today. That's why my eyes can't resist your beauty." Two can play the game, Miss Hwang.

Taeyeon smirked in victory when saw Tiffany's expression; mouth left-opened and looked pissed. Yeap, she won the game. Perhaps Tiffany didn't expect Taeyeon to act so boldly. She only said that but she felt like she just won a lottery because of the brunette's expression. What if she gave her a wink? Tiffany might get a cardiac arrest, perhaps. But if that happened, she was the only one in the room beside Tiffany so she also needed to give a CPR then which was the last thing she wanted to do.

"If there's nothing to talk about, I'd leave first then." Taeyeon excused herself. But not before giving the young CEO a very wide smile, in a sarcastic way actually.

Tiffany looked at the figure who just walked away. That crazy midget! She didn't expect Taeyeon to do that. Because of the simple action Taeyeon just did, her heart beat faster than it usually was. She groaned in frustration and rubbed her face softly, That is what they called as crazy.