Chapter 25

Just a not so far from the two of them was Jessica. She was actually going to ask Taeyeon for a lunch but her steps were halted when she saw Tiffany pulled Taeyeon out from the building and she also noticed their linked hands.

Upon watching them, a loner tear dropped. She expected this to happen but she was still not ready for it. She turned around quietly and headed towards her car back.

Resting her head on the steering wheel, she wiped her tears then clenched her heart. The pain was not something that you could describe. She felt like it was being stabbed, she felt like dying and she needed a drink to clear her mind off.

She searched for her phone on her bag and dialed the number, "Hey, wanna have a drink?" Her voice croaked but she couldn't care less. She would say that her second heartbreak was even more painful than the first one though she could not point out why.

When she heard the other line agreed with her, she wiped her tears although she was certainly sure she smudged her eyeliner then drove off.

***

"Sooooo, you tell me why did she choose her? I mean, my cousin is beautiful than me but she bullied her!"

Yuri saw the expression on Jessica's face changed differently when she talked.

She was actually having a meeting with the models an hour ago but when she heard Jessica's croaked voice, she could not just say no to her so she canceled the meeting and went straight to the place Jessica had mentioned.

She sighed as Jessica kept clinging on her by wrapping her hand on her neck and the other one on her waist. She did not know how much the brunette drank since she came a little bit late but it seemed quite a lot by looking at the amount of the empty bottles on the table. She was amused by how much alcohol could the small body stored.

When she felt Jessica had stopped squirming and her breathing had stabled, she knew the brunette already fell asleep. She smiled in relief. At least she did not have to order the drinks anymore.

Jessica had complained at her how her heart ached when she saw Tiffany with Taeyeon, holding hands together and she also complained a lot of other things to her. Now that she knew Jessica liked her best friend and she somehow felt solemn about it. Though she knew perfectly that Taeyeon only saw Jessica as a good friend, she could not help but felt anxious.

Jessica also did mention that she had broken up with a lot of people because of her best friend too and it scared her somehow. Jessica had fallen too deep for Taeyeon. And she was afraid that she did not have the chance to make Jessica like her.

But the thing, for now, was Taeyeon with Tiffany? And as in Tiffany with Taeyeon? And Jessica told her about how the two held hands together? As in Taeyeon holding hands with Tiffany?

Knowing Taeyeon, she was not that kind of type. She was a little bit like a rock type, very stubborn, very hard to please and very hard to try. She chuckled lightly and dialed her assistant's number to cancel everything on her schedule because she needed to bring her princess to her castle importantly than anything else while keeping Jessica in her arms.

***

When her brain had functioned again, she pulled her hand from the grasp and exhaled deeply. From the corner of her eye, she could felt Tiffany's stare but she acted obliviously. She had this uneasiness feeling but she shrugged.

When she saw Tiffany stopped, she halted too but she did not expect to stop exactly where her car was. She eyed Tiffany weirdly.

"Can you drive today? My car is parked really far," Tiffany shyly asked.

As far as she knew, wasn't the CEO's parking usually just the closest to the elevator, no? And why is Tiffany even looking so shy around her?

She shrugged and took out her keys then walked to the backseat door, opened it for the taller girl. She was still her employer after all.

Tiffany shook her head lightly, "It's okay. I'll sit in front," she pointed the front seat.

Okay, so it was getting creepier but she did not comment anything. She closed the backseat one and opened the front one and received a small, "Thank you," from her employer.

"Where do you want to eat?" Taeyeon fastened her seatbelt.

"You have any suggestion?" She asked back. When she saw Tiffany had the struggle to put on the seatbelt, she unfastened hers and helped Tiffany with it without knowing her face was close as Tiffany's. When she was done, she pulled back and looked at Tiffany who suddenly turned muted all of a sudden.

"Hmm... I think I have," she paused. Sooyoung's restaurant was really crowded when lunch hour but it was no harm in trying right?

"Miss Hwang?" she clicked her fingers when she did not receive any response from her employer.

Tiffany blinked twice and saw Taeyeon looked at her. Crap, did she space out again?

"Yes," she answered though she did not hear anything Taeyeon said just now.

She just could not interpret how close Taeyeon lips to her face just now. She bit her lips when her stupid perverted mind in action.

***

"So, you worked here?" Tiffany asked when the waiter already was gone.

Her curiosity was growing when she saw how comfortable Taeyeon was talking to the workers and also she knew the best spot in the restaurant.

The restaurant was really beautiful. It screamed classic and elegant in every way. She eavesdropped only a little when Taeyeon talked with one of the workers about her current job, which was in her company.

"Yeah," Taeyeon simply replied while eyeing the restaurant, searching for a particular tall stick. When she spotted the said person, she waved her hand ecstatic, "Sooyoung-ah!"

The woman named as Sooyoung walked to her table, "Tae! What are you doing here?"

Tiffany recognized the face. She was also in the same group of Taeyeon last week when she met Chaeri.

"This is my employer, Tiffany Hwang," she heard Taeyeon said. She faced Sooyoung almost immediately, "I'm Sooyoung, the owner of this wonderful place," Sooyoung flipped her short hair shamelessly.

Tiffany was surprised at first but gained her posture back when she saw the sorry eyes of Taeyeon. Sooyoung was really beautiful. She was also tall. With her look, she could be a model, Tiffany studied Sooyoung a bit.

When Sooyoung dismissed herself, she looked at Taeyeon whom mindlessly looking at her phone screen doing God knows what.

"Taeyeon, do you have a girlfriend?"

Taeyeon looked at her employer, disbelief. That was such a personal question. She did not know where this would be going but she shook her head and put her phone away after checking a few emails.

Tiffany smiled in relief, she could not believe she was going to do it. Usually, people would ask her but this one was totally different. Her heart thumped loudly as she lost into Taeyeon's orbs.

Taeyeon coughed and avoided Tiffany's eyes. If felt awkward somehow and can her heart just stop beating so fast? She thanked the waiter when their drinks arrived. She took a sip of it,

"Taeyeon-ah, I like you."

And choked.