Chapter 15

According to Doctor Willowman, Hunter had been showing constant improvement these days. The day after the charity gala, I visited Finn at the hospital and he had me sign a few documents to increase my brother's daily dosage of medicines.

Since that day, his medicines have changed to something stronger and I am very happy to see the vitals chart showing more progress. The only downside to all this is money.

Since the medicines are now of a different grade, their costs have also changed. And it was a little difficult for me to handle because I literally had no money and I didn't know how I was going to pay for his medicines the next month too.

Dale actually paid for this month's dosage and told me that Hunter was her brother too; she can pay for his medicines – I didn't agree. I told her, I will pay her back as soon as possible.

I may need to start looking for a second job. The search is going to suck!

The weekend that followed the charity gala, I spent it with the Manhattans in their beach house. I don't really know how I ended up there. Well, that's a lie. I surely knew how it happened.

James and Paige wanted a small family vacation – with their sons and their girlfriends. According to world, I was still Nicholas' girlfriend and that entitled me to go.

Nicholas came to the café on Wednesday, cornered me with the same 'you respect my dad' card – again. And I had to accept his offer because it involved money and I needed money.

I used that money to pay back Dale what she spent on my brother's medicines and then saved a little for the next month's medicines too – yeah, Nicholas has been a very generous fake boyfriend.

Money was not the only reason as to why I accepted the offer, it was also because this offer gave me a weekend away from Brody and Dale who have been constantly fighting and also I get to spend time with Paige and James. It's a win-win.

The only downside was Elena, Christopher's girlfriend.

Since Matthew didn't have a girlfriend, only Nicholas and Christopher were bringing their girlfriends to the beach house. I was instantly nervous about going there. Elena didn't like me; I was sure of that. I was also sure that she was going to openly show it to me this weekend if everyone in the family brushed her off like that day in James' party.

Nicholas had picked me up from home last night and had drove me to his beach house. The drive here was silent and bickering-free, mostly because I was so tired and had dozed off to sleep a few minutes after we had hit the road. When we had reached the beach house, it was way past midnight and Nicholas had practically carried me along with my bags up the stairs to our room.

Yeah, you heard me right.

When I woke up this morning, I was still dressed, but was lying practically on top of Nicholas as he snored away. Well, just kidding. He didn't snore.

I had silently crawled off of him and freshened up before making my way out of the room and down the stairs where I heard Paige instructing someone to get the fondue from the kitchen.

Fondue? Seriously?

I'm so going to end up eating a ton and become fat this weekend.

I entered the dining hall to see Paige standing near the table, looking over the food that had been arranged over it. Matthew was sitting at the table too, looking like he had just woken up, he had his head on top of the table, eyes closed.

"Morning," I greeted Paige with a kiss as I entered the dining hall.

"Good morning, sweetie," she smiled at me and watched with a smile as I sat on the chair next to where Matthew had sat, "How did you sleep?"