Chapter 7

This has to be the best sleep that I have had in weeks. I had hit my bed early yesterday. For once, my body was cooperating with me and my need to sleep. Not to mention, my thoughts were not jumbled inside my mind making it possible for me to sleep without any interruptions.

I pulled my pillow closer to me and cuddled with it. It has been years since I last cuddled a human being. The last I remember is me cuddling with Alana before I left for University. Since the accident, I have been cuddling my pillows and so far I have nothing to complain about.

If you haven't already noticed, I am a cuddle person.

I was half way into declaring this was my best sleep ever, when I heard the sound of my door slamming open and a familiar voice shouting, "Wake up!"

I huffed, pulling the pillow over my head, not wanting to allow this intruder to spoil the best sleep for me. Only God knows when I will get to have a sleep as close to this again. I may never get a sleep which was this relaxing and peaceful again.

"Ugh," I heard the intruder groan before I felt my bed dip and someone shaking my body, "Come on, Hayley. You have to wake up."

"Go away, intruder," I mumbled to the intruder, not wanting anyone to spoil my sleep. I cannot afford to lose another night of sleep, at least not when my sleep inducing hormones were cooperating with me.

The intruder scoffed, "You call yourself my best friend and yet, you cannot even recognize my voice," I felt another poke in my shoulder, "Come on, wake up, Hayley."

"Argh!" I huffed, pulling the pillow away from my head and opening my eyes, squinting them against the sudden bright light that was filled in my room.

When my eyes adjusted to the brightness, I found Dale sitting on my bed, looking down at me with a small grin on her face, "Good morning, Hails."

I scowled at her, "What do you want?" I spat, glaring, "What was so important that you had to wake me up from my precious sleep? Huh?"

"Well, considering that we have only two hours left and we have to get ready, I would say we have an emergency," she examined her nails, and then gave me a bored look, "Come on get up. We have to look our personal best."

I frowned, "Where exactly are we going?"

As long as I can remember, I didn't have any appointments at the hospital today. I was not meeting James today either because he is pretty busy today and also, my shift doesn't start till about two in the afternoon. I planned on going to the cemetery after my shift ended, that made my day rather free. I don't remember making any plans with Dale. What was she on about?

Dale shrugged, giving me a huge smile, "We are going to my college today."

"Why?" I frowned, sitting up, expecting her to tell me that she got into trouble again, but she kind of caught me off guard with what she next said.

"Brody is business major, remember?" she beamed at me, "He is going to get the student of the year award today at the event that Mr. Martinez organized with you. I have to be there for him and you are going to be there with me. Too bad, I have to watch him get the award from the one person that I hate the most, James Manhattan."

Oh, hell no! Today was that event. If I went with Dale, then I am sure I was going to see Nicholas there and I was hoping that I wouldn't see him before James' birthday party so that it would give me some time to get over what he said to me back in the interview.

I know, I know, I should have gotten over it already. But can you blame me? That man insulted me and offered me money to keep me away from his dad making me look like some kind of prostitute or something. No one in our family takes to insults kindly and I am not going to start either.