Chapter 8

The day started pretty normally, I mean, I woke up to the alarm in my phone blaring loudly and waking me up. I was immediately out of my bed and into my bathroom, trying to multi-task all my morning duties since I had an early shift at the cafe today. I got dressed to the sweet, musical sound of Brody and Dale fighting downstairs - I really loved that sound.

Once I was ready, I was out of the house, not wanting to disturb or get involved in between Dale's fight with her boyfriend - also known as my arch nemesis. I would really love it if they broke up and Dale got a good looking guy to date this time. I can hardly restrain myself from puking whenever I saw Brody's face - which was every single day.

When I reached the cafe, I was abnormally in a very chirpy mood, happiness was bubbling through my veins for no reason at all. I used the key that Charlie had given me yesterday at the end of my shift to open the cafe doors. I bounced my way into the cafe and tied my apron over my dress, before starting the coffee machine and clocked in my arrival into the cafe.

After a few minutes, when the hot coffee was ready to be served from the coffee machine, I walked towards the main door of the cafe and changed the sign from 'closed' to 'open' before going back behind the counter. People would start coming in any minute now, before that I should get my morning coffee.

I picked up my travel mug and started making my coffee, the only absolute kind of coffee that I love, extra milk with extra sugar. Once my coffee was ready, I pulled a stool from the kitchen to behind the counter and sat on it, contented with the peace and quiet of the cafe that was going to be distorted soon enough.

Sipping the hot and amazing coffee that I had just made, I scrolled through my twitter newsfeed, catching up with the recent celebrity affairs, starting from the Jonas Brothers to the Grier brothers, there were a lot of new feeds informing me that there was lot of things for me to catch up to.

I pouted a little when I scrolled across Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie divorce news. I mean, I may not be their fans, in fact I kind of hated Angelina Jolie for a while when I learnt that she was the reason as to why Brad Pitt broke up with Jenifer Aniston, but my dislike is secondary, a divorce is always a bad thing for a couple who had thought that they would be living the rest of their lives together. Losing the love, they had for each other and getting a divorce from always had a negative effect on my brain. I have always been against a divorce.

"Good morning," someone chirped and I looked up to see Skylar entering the cafe, her dark black hair up in a ponytail.

"Good morning, Sky," I grinned at her as she walked behind the counter and tied her apron onto her.

You can say that Skylar was my closest friend in this cafe. Unlike Charlie and Kate, she never studied High School with us, in fact if the information that she had given before joining as a waitress in this cafe was anything to go by, she was elder to us by a few years - three years, if I remembered correctly.

Skylar was naturally very beautiful. She had straight, jet black hair that cascaded down her back ending a little above her waist. Her eyes were a bright green in color. One look into those big, dazzling envious pair of eyes makes everyone mesmerized. Her nose was slightly crooked, but instead of it being a defect on her face, the crooked nose just added more beauty to Skylar's already beautiful face.

"Oh, my favorite," she plucked my coffee mug out of my hand and greedily took a big gulp out of it, grinning at me over the cup.

I rolled my eyes at her and logged out of my twitter, before looking back at her, my eyebrows pulling down in concern, "We haven't talked to each other in a few weeks. How is your dad now? Is he alright?"