2 2

Paul is going after Alice. 

I have to warn her before she gets hurt. 

I have to tell Justin. 

I ran to his study to find him sitting down, "Justin I need to talk to you." I said approaching his desk. I then looked closer and saw he was cleaning blood off of his hands. "Is that blood?" I asked knowing full well it was. "Yeah I just cut my finger that's all." He said lying to me. 

"Hmm are you sure it didn't have anything to do with Henry not giving you the answers you wanted to hear." I said crossing my arms. He looked up at me shocked, "How do you know about that?" He asked placing down his cloth. 

"The walls are pretty thin Justin. I can't believe you lied to me." I said shaking my head. He walked towards me, "Scarlett I just didn't want you to worry." He said reaching out for my face. I moved my head away and backed away from him. "Scarlett..." He said sadly. 

"What else should I know." I said closing my eyes holding back my tears. "Nothing. There is nothing else." He said trying to convince me. 

I opened my eyes and glared at him, "Justin I am carrying our baby I have a right to know the truth about your family." I said wiping the tears from my eyes. He sighed, "Fine Paul is my eldest brother." He said rubbing his head. 

"In my defence I didn't find out until today." He said trying to move closer to me. "Please don't be mad I just want to protect you and our baby from any danger." He said reaching his hand out touching my baby bump. 

I looked up at him and weakly smiled, "I'm not mad I just want you to be honest with me." I said smiling causing him to kiss me. "I promise I'm sorry." He said sweetly kissing my face.

Then it hit me, Alice. 

"Justin we have to go East." I said causing Justin to raise his eyebrows. "Why is that?" He asked leaning against his desk. "It's Alice she is Paul's target." I explained. "What?" He questioned confused. 

"Henry said that he would kill Dylan first and you second. Then he said he would go after the people you two love so Alice and I. He said he would go after loved ones first and when he had the chance to kill me he didn't. He would go after the eldest first so that means killing me wouldn't be in order. He's after Alice." I said explaining myself. 

Justin raised his eyebrows, "Why are looking at me like that?" I asked crossing my arms. He laughs, "I just don't think that is necessary, Paul is not going after Alice." He said trying to argue. "Well she's my sister and I am going whether you want to or not." I said walking towards the door. 

My path is quickly blocked by Justin, "I am not letting you leave. Especially since you are so far along with the baby." I shook my head. "I am going and that is my decision." I said brushing passed him.   

"Scarlett please don't go I will send my men to go after Paul." He tried to stop me from leaving. I stopped in my tracks, "Justin you understand having a brother and wanting to whatever you can to protect him. That is what I'm doing." I said grabbing my cloche. 

"Scarlett I just got you back I can't lose you again. Paul has an agenda and he loves power and as long as we protect you and the baby he is powerless. I will send men to go and warn them. Let's be honest it is too dangerous for you to travel all that way and there is a dangerous chance for Paul to get you."

I sighed to myself and realized what I was doing, Justin was right I had to protect my baby. I know Alice would want me to do the same. I turned back towards Justin and nodded my head, "You're right. I just don't want her to get hurt." I said getting a little teary eyed. 

Justin frowns and approaches me, "Hey, it's okay I know you love her. My brother loves her and he will protect her with his life. I know I'm being unfair keeping you to myself but it is my job to protect my family and you and our baby are my top priority." He said pulling me close and placing is hand on my stomach. 

After a sweet moment a guard walks into the room, "Sir we are ready to head east." Justin nodded and looked away from me, "Excellent please hurry Dylan and Alice could be in danger." He said and with that help was on its way to my sister. 

I just hope it's not too late...

A week goes by and we don't hear anything and I was getting antsy not knowing. 

Two weeks go by and still nothing not even a messenger. 

Three weeks go by and I am going crazy not knowing what was going on. 

Finally by the third week a letter comes in and it reads, 

Dear Scarlett and Justin, 

Happy evening love please, pardon alittle under lately. 

Just came down with a cold. We just want to let you know we are fine and everyone is safe thanks for the concern. See you soon. 

Love you, 

Alice

That was it, that is the letter I get from her after weeks. 

Something was up and I had to figure it out. I stared at the letter for hours trying to see if there was something hidden in the words. I may have been over thinking it but usually she tells me about her day and how Kate was doing. 

Something was wrong I felt it in my gut.

"Happy evening love please, pardon alittle under lately."

This sentence didn't sound right, didn't sound like her at all. I thought for a while what this meant then it hit me.  

"Happy evening love please, pardon alittle under lately." 

H e l p , p a u l 

I almost passed out from the realization. Paul is there and she needs help. I have to go help her.

Do I tell Justin or go...