1 1

Scarlett Princeton

I woke up from my slumber and looked towards the window to see the beautiful morning sky. I smiled and outstretched my arms and rose from my bed. I stepped onto the cold floor and made my way over towards my closet so that I could get ready for the morning. 

Justin wanted me to meet him outside in the back courtyard because he said he had a very surprise for me. I was actually very excited to see Justin because I have been spending a lot of time with him this past week and we kind of picked up right where we left off years ago. I shook myself out of my thoughts and exited my room. 

I haven't been out of the palace since Kate escaped and I was really happy to finally get to go outside. As I walked through the halls my feet were bare and I could feel the cold marble on my skin.I walked in front of the stairs and grabbed the rails which were carved and polished so that it shined. As I walked down the wide stair case I glanced to my right to see many family portraits that were painted in oils and hung in gold frames. 

I stopped in my tracks and stared up at the familiar faces, it was his mother and father. Justin has told me how much he misses them and he talks highly of them. I did know his father before he passed but I have never met his mother. But I do remember when I was very young and everyone in the kingdom loved her because of her kindness and patience. And she was very beautiful. 

I can remember clearly when she became ill and when she passed the whole kingdom was different. My adoptive parents always told me she was the one that brought peace and harmony to the kingdom. Justin and I both lost our mothers to illnesses and we became very close. 

I finally approached the back of the castle and pushed open the back doors and I finally saw the beautiful scenery in front of me. The air was scented with fresh flowers and freshly trimmed grass. I stepped out onto the eggshell white porch and looked over the whole area.   

The pond reflected the bright sun and the wide selection of different flowers surrounded the water. I walked off the patio to get a closer look at the water. I gazed across the water to see the lily pads in bloom, their white petals catching the breeze. I inhaled slowly and just felt happy and relaxed.

"Beautiful isn't it?" A voice said softly near my ear. A smile found its way onto my face and I turned around feeling the grass tickle my feet. "It's incredible." I said looking around. "Why did you want to meet me out here?" I asked looking at him again. He smirked and walked beside me looking at the water. "This is my favourite spot and I wanted to show you it and spend some time with you." He said smiling. 

I turned back towards the water, "I'm glad you invited me and I can see why it is your favourite it's so peaceful." I said smiling up to him. He looked at me and grinned, "It reminds me of when we were back in the east and we used to spend the whole day in the garden just talking for hours and hours and" He paused and his smile faded a little. "I really missed those times." He said looking ahead again with a frown.

I reached my hand out towards him and rested it on his arm, "Justin I loved and still love those times that we spent together and I'm here now." I said trying to comfort him. He shook his head, "No. Scarlett you are only here because I took you against your will." He said sadly. 

"Can I be honest?" I asked and he looked at me and nodded. "I didn't want to be here at first but after spending time with you I realized how much you mean to me and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else in the world right now." I said smiling at him. 

His frown formed into a grin, "You mean that?" He asked showing a now toothy grin. I nodded and returned the smile. He reached out and grabbed my hands intertwining our fingers together, "Scarlett you don't know how long I have waited to hear that from you." He said leaning in closer.