3

Scarlett Princeton

I woke up from my sleep and headed towards my balcony to breath in the fresh air. My emotions are mixed, I am happy about meeting Jason but I am confused about Justin.

After tomorrow it will be the day of the meeting between the brothers. I am very nervous because what if Justin wants something that we cannot provide?

I shake my mind of all the negative thoughts that are running through it. I decided to go into town today to visit the book store.

I wanted to read something new and plus I want to donate some books to the village school. I requested my friend Ethan who is a guard to accompany me for protection.

I began to get ready and I put on a plain green dress. And just put my hair up.

Once I was done I walked out of my room and saw Alice and Dylan talking to one another. I bowed and gained their attention.

"Good morning" I said smiling. They greet me warmly. "Any new information?" I ask holding Alice's hand in mine.

She smiles weakly, "Yes. King Justin will be arriving sooner then we anticipated" she said looking down. "How soon?" I ask looking at Dylan.

He sighs in frustration, "Tomorrow" he said in a low voice not wanting to believe it. I nod my head in understanding, "I'm going into town today" I said releasing Alice's hand.

She looks up nervously, "Make sure you take at least 3 guards with you I don't want Justin to try anything again" she says. "Yes of course my lady I will" I said reassuring her.

She nods and kisses my cheek, "Please be careful" she says as I leave to go find Ethan and the other guards. Once I see Ethan I carry the sack of books over to the horses but it was very heavy.

He sees me struggling, "Scarlett let me carry that" he says taking the bag from me. I laugh, "What don't think I can handle it?" I say jokingly. He smiles, "You can but this is my job. Your job is to stay beautiful" he says taking my hand and kissing it.

I blush and my heart skips a beat, he is always so kind not to mention handsome. We headed towards the horses and loaded up and placed the saddles on them. The other two guards, Harry and Henry did the same.

I walked in front of my horse, he is a white horse breed and his name is Ace and he is a loyal horse. "Hello Ace" I say smiling and petting his head.

He moves his head closer to me to show he is happy to see me. "Good boy" I say smiling and climbing on his back. Ethan smiles and climbs on his horse.

We head out towards town, once there we tie the horses to a poll, Ethan helps me off my horse and Henry stays back to watch the horses.

We head towards the school and head inside. I see the teacher Miss. Snow and I approach her, "Good Morning Miss. Snow here are the books as promised" I smile and Ethan puts down the books.

She smiles, "Scarlett this is very kind of you. How can I thank you?" She asks. I smile and shake my head, "No need Miss. Snow the school deserves this" I say happily.

She thank me one last time and we exchanged goodbyes and we left. We headed towards the book store. Once there I picked up 3 new books and a book for Kate that I can read to her.

Once I finished we made our way back towards the horses and headed back to the castle. The day went by pretty fast.

I found Dylan walking by and I stopped him, "Dylan how is Alice doing I'm worried about her?" I ask him.

He looks scared, he looks side to side, "Scarlett, Do not tell Alice I told you this. But she is scared because Justin requested that you attend the meeting" he says running his fingers through his hair.

I widen my eyes and I felt a little dizzy and woozy. "Scarlett are you alright?" Dylan asked me nervously. Everything around me went black.

My heels clicked as I ran down the hallway. I looked over my shoulder to see two soldiers chasing me. I kicked off my heels to run faster. I was running for my life and running away from him.

I could heard screams and cries of pain echoing through out the castle as the war continued. I look over my shoulder again and see that the soldiers were gone. I slowed down to catch my breath for a minute.

"She went this way!" I heard a voice yell. I panicked and hid in the nearest room which was a guest room. I leaned my ear against the door to hear if the guards were gone. I heard their footsteps slowly fade away.

I let out a sigh they were gone. I peeked out of the room to see it was clear. I made my move and ran back towards my room quickly. I didn't know if Alice, Dylan and Kate were safe I just prayed they escaped.

Once I was at my room I entered quickly and locked it. I faced the door and tried to catch my breath. I heard shuffling behind me. My heart stops and I quickly turn around to find nothing.

I heard a loud bang coming from outside. I rushed over to the balcony and look out to see total chaos. I place my hand over my mouth in disbelief. There was fires and people fighting and I saw the worst sight which was The King and Queen and the princess being taken away to the West.

"Oh my god" I whisper to myself. "Isn't it beautiful Princess" I heard a voice from my room. My body froze in fear and I don't dare turn around because I knew exactly who it was.

I could hear him chuckle darkly, "Scarlett that is very rude to ignore your King" he says walking closer to me. "You are far from a King" I say bitterly.

I feel his presence directly behind me and my body shakes. "Your right in order to be a true King I need a Queen by my side" he says grabbing my waist and my hand. I rip my hand away from him and turn around. "Don't you dare touch me!" I raise my voice at him.

He smirks, "I do like a woman with some fight in her" he says biting his lower lip. "Let them go!" I say pointing towards the royal family. He grins, "Im afraid I can't do that my Queen" he says moving closer. But I run for the door.

I open it but it is quickly slammed shut by Justin. I turn around and he pins my body against the door. "Please let me go" I beg him. His eyes darken, "So innocent, pure and so beautiful" he says caressing my cheek.

I whimper at his touch and he smirks, "Soon Scarlett you will be mine" he says. His voice fades away and I begin to hear my sister, "Scarlett!"

My eyes open and my body springs up, "Where is he?!" I say frantically. Dylan takes my hand, "Scarlett relax he can't hurt you now" he says. I relax my body and breath in and out.

"What happen Scarlett?" Alice asks me nervously. I explained the whole nightmare I had and Alice shakes her head, "Dylan she can't go tomorrow we need to make sure she is far from that meeting and away from him." She says nervously.

I interrupted, "What if he doesn't see me and he doesn't want to make a deal." I say shaking. "Sadly she's right. I know Justin and he loved Scarlett and he wants her to see how much power he has." Dylan says.

"He is arrogant and selfish and having Scarlett there will make him less evil" Dylan says frowning. I knew that was the truth and I knew I had to do this for our people.

"I'll attend the meeting" I say bravely.