1 2

Scarlett Princeton

My eyes lazily opened and they slowly adjusted to the blinding sunshine. I gently rub my tired eyes with my hands trying to wake myself up. My memory begins to become more clear the more I awaken. 

I glance around to see the ground under me was moving. I looked forward to see I was on the horse moving through the thick forest. I moved my eyes to the hands holding the reins of the horse. My eyes followed up the person's arms until I looked over my shoulder to see Justin. 

"I see you're finally awake." He says smirking and letting go of one of the reins wrapping an arm around my waist. He then pulled my body closer towards his and placed a kiss on the top of my head. I  smiled and laid the back of my skull against his shoulder, "How long have I been asleep for?" I asked confused. 

He grinned, "Well you were kind of awake earlier because when I helped you onto the horse you seemed to be awake but once we started to move you fell right back asleep." I rubbed my head trying to remember but the memory wouldn't come to my mind. 

I looked forward to see the castle finally in sight, "Home sweet home." He whispered into my ear softly. A chill ran through my body and a grin made its way onto my lips. As we approached the tree line in front of the castle five guards came running over to us. 

"Your Highness where have you disappeared to we have been searching all night for you." A guard asked standing next to the horse. Justin paused unsure of what to say because he knew he was suppose to meet with Henry yesterday but he left. 

I decided to take matters into my own hands, "Well he was on his way into the castle when one of the horses escaped the stable and ran into the forest. So we ran after him and we lost our way. That is when the storm hit and we were forced to spend the night in a cave for shelter." I explained to the guard. 

Justin nodded, "Yes I apologize for my absence." He said sincerely. The guard nodded, "That is alright my King and I'm sure King Henry will understand and he has just awoken and he wishes to speak to you. He is waiting in the dining area." Another guard said. 

Justin carefully hopped off the horse and turned to me helping me down to my feet. One of the five guards took the horse back to the stable. Justin let go of my waist and turned to the guard, "Tell him I will speak to him shortly." He commanded. The guards nodded and left me and Justin alone. 

I began to walk in the direction of the castle but Justin grabbed my wrist and pulled me close to him again. He smiled looking into my eyes causing a smirk to appear on my face. "Please don't tell me you're going to ditch this meeting to?" I asked raising my eyebrows. 

He laughed and held me close, "No, no, no... unless you want me to." He said leaning in close to my face. I shook my head laughing along with him, "Justin." I said looking up to him. "You're right I need to talk to Henry." He said sighing. 

"Justin Drew Bieber." A man's voice said from behind us. I knew that voice and I was not to happy to hear it as I turned to see King Henry. Henry is a tall and very handsome man however I see right through his charm and good looks, I know exactly who he really is. He is the reason Justin left the east and turned on his brother. 

Henry was a good friend of Justin and Dylan and at the time he was the prince of the north. But I always had a gut feeling that there was something off about him. I overheard him trying to convince Justin to leave the castle. 

Flashback 

I was looking for Justin to see if he wanted to go for a stroll in the garden when I overheard talking. I know it's rude to eavesdrop but sometimes it is necessary. I opened the door and entered the top balcony overlooking the first floor of the library.