You like him

Alexandria's p.o.v

I ran into the house and into my bedroom. I opened my closet and stormed through it. I was mad as hell. If he wants a lady. I'll give him one! I ripped all of my boyish hoodies and threw them on the floor. Then, out went the saggy pants.

Patricia came into my room and was in shock. “What the hell are you doing, Alex?" “Making room for my new clothes." I answered. “Isn't it obvious?" “What new clothes?" Patricia asked. “I'm going back to the mall to get some more clothes. Feminine clothes." I answered. Patricia dropped her phone and fainted. “Patricia? Are you okay?"

She sat up and put her hand on my forehead. “No." she answered, “Alex are you okay? What's gotten into you?" I sat back and bit my fingernails. “What are you talking about?" I asked. “Nothing's wrong with me."

Patricia stood up. “Oh. I see." She said. “It's that Bruno guy isn't it?" “Wha- psshh no, I... no. Me- no." I said. Afew seconds later I sighed and answered. “Yes."

“Alex." Patricia said. “Bruno likes Cassandra. Unfortunately, not you." I shot a look at her and stood up. “How could you say that?!" I shouted. “It's the truth, Alex. And you know it!" Patricia shouted back. “And you also know that Cassandra loves him too. You saw how he carried her out and she laid her head on his shoulder. That was love."

I bit my fingernails and mumbled. “Love sucks." Patricia must've heard me. She put her hand on my shoulder and smiled. “No it doesn't. You just haven't found the right guy for you yet, that's all. Now, we can still go to the mall and get you some new clothes tomorrow. Plus, get you a mani pedi and get your hair done. Trust me. Once I'm done making you over. You'll feel and look brand new.

She wiped a tear from my eye. “But first, we need to get rid of this." She grabbed a throw up multicolored hoodie and walked to the back yard. She grabbed some sticks, laid the hoodie on them, lit a match and set it on fire. “IT'S FINALLY GONE!!" She screamed. “Go get your other boyish outfits and bring them to me. We're getting rid of them pronto." I shook my head and ran inside the house.

........

Afew hours later, after watching all of my guy clothes being burned. The sky was a beautiful pinkish color mixed with a little purple and blue. Pink clouds swirled as the peach sun started to set. The air was a little cooler too. Patricia looked at me. “Now," she said, “Let's go inside and make some spaghetti. Then, tomorrow, we can go get you some new clothes.

                  Bruno's p.o.v

After Cassandra left, I closed the door and saw my empty guitar stand. I slumped and the wall and cried again. It didn't last long though. There was a knock at the door. I knew who it was. It was the daughter of the owners of the apartment complex, Elisa. She was fourteen and always loved to stop by and talk.

“Hey Bruno." Elisa said while pulling at her curls. “Um. My parents wanted me to come down here and-" “Yeah." I interrupted while handing her the rent. She looked down and then back up at me. “How old are you?" She asked. “Twenty-three." I answered. “Why?" “Just wondering." She said while looking in my apartment. She gasped. “What's wrong?" I asked. Elisa pushed me out of the way and came in. “Your guitar," she whined, "it's gone. You sold it didn't you?"

I put my hands in my pockets, leaned back on the wall and shook my head. “But you said you would teach me how to play." She said on the verge of tears.

I bit my lip. “Come here." I said. She came over and hugged me. “You promised." she said. I lifted her head and saw tears in her eyes. She put her head back down and sobbed. I kissed the top of her head.

“Look at me." I said. She did what I said. “I'll get it back soon."

A smile, then, appeared on her face. “Really?!" She asked. “Yeah." I answered. “And once I get mine, I'll get you one too. And then we can play together." She squeezed me. “Thank you, Bruno!" She screamed. “You're welcome." I said. “Now, go give this to your parents, before they kick me out." “Okay." She laughed.  “Later Bruno!"

She ran off and waved one last time before she went back inside.

..........

                Cassandra's p.o.v

I ran inside and kicked off my shoes. I fell on the floor and laughed. “I gotta call Patricia!" I said to myself. I grabbed my phone and dialed her number.

                  Patricia's p.o.v

The spaghetti sause was gettin hotter and the noodles were done. Cassandra called me. “Hello?" I answered. “Patricia!" she screamed. “He told me that he loves me! He's in love with me!! Aaaahhh!!"

I held the phone from my ear. “Cassandra, slow down and stop screaming. “Oh, sorry." She said. I licked spaghetti sauce from my fingers and Alex ran inside the kitchen.

“Who is it?" she whispered with a grin. I ignored her on purpose because I knew she would be mad. So I dropped a plate, so she could pick it up. “Damnit!" I said. “What's wrong?" Cassandra asked. “Um, nothing." I said. “I nearly dropped my phone in the sauce, that's all. So, I'll talk to you later." “Okay, bye." Cassandra said. “Later." I said.

...........

Alex was twirling her spaghetti with her fork. She wasn't eating though.

“What's wrong?" I asked. She didn't respond. I grinned and picked up a meatball. “Alex." I said. She looked up and I threw it. “Patricia!" she giggled. Then she threw one back. She got up and ran to her room.

“Oh you can't hide!" I said as I came in. She was under her bed. So I pulled her by her legs and threw another meatball at her. “Truce!" she screamed. I laughed and then I pinned her down. “Now, tell me what you were thinking about." I said while tickling her. “Aaahhhh!!" She screamed. “Never!" She got out and ran downstairs. “This is gonna be a long night!" I said.

                   Elisa's p.o.v

“Mom, Dad, I'm back!" I yelled. “We're in the kitchen, sweetie." Mom said. I walked inside and the aroma of pie filled the air. Dad was sitting at the table. “What did Mr. Hernandez say?" he asked. “Nothing." I answered while handing him the money. It made me cringe as I watched him count it. I walked to my room and turned on the tv.

All I could think about was Bruno and I playing together. He's like the brother I've always wanted. I laid down and started to imagine.

Someone knocked on the door. I looked out of the window and saw Bruno. I ran downstairs. “I got it!" I yelled. But my mon didn't listen and opened the door. “Bruno." she said. “How are you?" “Im fine, Mrs. Samello." he answered. “I'm just here because Elisa left her jacket over my house and I just came over to bring it back." “Oh, how thoughtful." Mom said while taking the jacket. “Elisa, honey, your jacket." “Thanks, Bruno." I said. He winked at me and smiled, then he walked off."

Mom closed the door. “He's cute." she said. “Mom," I said, “you're married and I'm here. It's never gonna work." “You like him, don't you?" she smirked. I blushed. “No." I said. “He's just an awesome friend and a nice guy." “Okay." Mom said as she walked away to finish dinner. I smiled and went back to my room.

I opened my window. “Bruno." I said. He turned around. “Yeah?" he said. “Goodnight." I said. He blew me a kiss. “Goodnight Elisa." He said. I winked and waved back.