He's in

Bruno's p.o.v

     I walked inside and turned on the light. My phone buzzed.  I got a text. It read: Rent's due in three days." “Ugh!" I said. “I forgot about that." I threw my phone across the room and it hit my guitar. I had an idea, but I wasn't gonna like it. But it was the only way to pay the rent.

  I walked upstairs with tears in my eyes. “Is it worth it?" I asked myself as I laid on the bed. “Yes." I said. Then I buried my head under the pillow. Cassandra actually took my mind off of my problems. And now I'm hungry. I walked downstairs, heated up a hot pocket and waited for it to be done. When it did, I took it out and ate it. The hot pocket was still hot and so it burned my tongue. I ran to the fridge and slipped on a hand towel that was on the floor, hitting my back really hard.

  Now my back was hurting and my tongue was on fire. I got up and tried to open the fridge again. This time, I was successful. Until a huge plate of cold, hard pizza hit me in the stomach. The plate hurt worse than the pizza. I fell back to the floor and started to cry again. “What did I do to deserve this shit!" I screamed. The worse thing happened next. A jug of orange juice fell out of the fridge and hit me straight in the balls. I screeched in pain.

I got really lightheaded and started to see delusions. The hot pocket actually stood up and pointed at me. “Sucka!" The hot pocket bragged and it ran out of the door, only to get ran over by a car and eaten by rodents. “Sucker." I said. Then I blacked out.

*******

  I woke up and it was night. “Holy shit." I thought. “My kitchen just tried to kill me!" The fridge was still open and the orange juice was on the floor. The pizza wasn't any good and my shirt was stained. I stayed on the floor. The doorbell rang and I noticed that the door was unlocked. “Its open." I said. All of a sudden there was a sense of relief, because it was Cassandra. She looked worried and ran to me. “Bruno!" She said in  shock as she wrapped her arms around me. “Did your kitchen just try to kill you?" She helped me to the living room, sat me down and started to massage my back. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. “Feels good doesn't it?" She whispered. I nodded. “What happened?" She asked. “Take a guess." I said. “I'm pretty sure you'll figure it out."

  Cassandra kept on massaging my back and looked in the kitchen. “Okay then." She began. “You went to the kitchen to heat up that hot pocket. After that you took a bite and it burned you mouth." “So far so good." I said. “Then you tried to open the fridge, but you slipped on that hand towel and landed on your back. You got up again and finally opened the fridge. But then..." “Why did you stop?" I asked. She started to sniff the air. “Aha!" She cheered. “The pizza! The pizza plate fell on top of you and hit you in the stomach. And then the orange juice hit you in the." “Yeah." I said. “There."

“Ouch Bruno." She said. “I leave you alone for a while and this is what happens?" She started to crack up and I pulled her on top of me. I leaned in for a kiss. I was so close to her lips, until she cut me off. “Um." She said. “What's the um about?" I asked. “I brought something for you." She said as she rolled off.

“Here you go." She said while handing me a plate. “Thank you." I said while taking the plate out of her hands. “Its just a little something I love to make all the time." “Wow." I said. “Yep." She said while getting up. “Well, I'll see you tomorrow. And wear something contemporary. Ya know something simple."

“Okay." I said. Then Cassandra waved and walked out of the door.

*******

  The next morning I got up and got ready for today. I went downstairs and grabbed my guitar. I was hurt that I had to sell it. Cassandra came over and I hopped in the car. “Hey cutie." She said. “Cutie?" I said. “Sorry." She apologized. “Are you uncomfortable with me calling you that?" “No, not really." I answered. “Oh good." She said while driving off.