Somewhat Good News

Cassandra's p.o.v
I was back home and it was just me and Bo again. I was thinking about how Bruno and I somewhat got back together and about the wonderful night we had. But I was still engaged to Bradley. My phone buzzed it was an unknown number.

"Fuck it," I said and answered it. "Hello?"

"Is this Cassandra?" A woman asked.

"Yes," I said. "Who is this."

"Well," the woman answered. "I'm the woman pregnant with Bradley's baby."

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach. I sat up. "What did you just say?"

"I'm pregnant....with Bradley's child. My name is Iryna Shayk. I'm a Victoria's Secret model and Bradley Cooper, your fiancé, is the father of my child."

"This isn't a joke?" I asked.

"I'm afraid not." She said. "Sorry, but he loves me and-"

I hung up the phone and laid back down. Funny thing is...I didn't cry. What was the point? This was a way out. We could end our engagement! This was great!

............

I was waiting for Bradley at the kitchen table. I made dinner and my heart was racing. He finally walked through the door and I walked up to him.

"Hey Bradley!" I said and kissed him on the cheek. "Have a seat. I have some great news!"

"What?" He asked.

I put a plate in front of him and ruffled his hair.

"Baby carrots...baby corn...?" Bradley sounded confused.

"Yep," I said. "There's a bun over there in the oven, too. Think about it, babe."

"Cassandra," he turned to me. His blue eyes were piercing. "Are you pregnant?" He stood up and tried to kiss me. I stopped him.

"No Bradley," I said. "I'm not pregnant."

"Then what's all this?" he asked.

"Bradley, your gonna be a daddy!" I fake cheered. "But not with our child. Your bitch, Iryna. Oh yeah, she called me and told me everything." I put my hand on his shoulder and whispered in his ear on simple word.

"Leave." I said as I walked to the door and opened it for him. He walked out and looked at me. I took my ring off and tossed it to him. He caught it and I slammed the door in his face.

I caught myself and slid down to the floor. I had jelly legs but I managed to get to my phone on the couch. I called Bruno. He answers.

"Hello?" He said.

"Hey," I wiped a tear and sniffled. "Are you busy?"

"Not right now," he said. "Why? Are you okay?"

"Bruno," I said. "Bradley and I.....Bradley and I are over...