55. cheat

dahyun

namjoon woke up after a little nap. he fell asleep in a bedroom after drinking too much. he managed to get up to see other people also passed out on the floor. without managing to fall asleep again, he opened the door. as he was about to step out, a person walked past him.

he peeped his head out to see dahyun walking fast down the hall. she opened the main door and left without a word.

if namjoon wasn't so drunk, he would have asked where she was going this late. but all he did after seeing her was merely shrugging it off, forgetting she even left.

he did, however, wonder why she looked a bit angry. he turned his head the other way to look at the other end of the hallway.

there he saw two figures, making out passionately in the dark. he smirked at the sight but noticed something. these people looked really familiar. he furrowed his eyebrows and slowly started approaching them.

namjoon soon realised it was jimin kissing a girl.

but that wasn't all. he recognized the girl too. her shirt, the high knee socks and long wavy hair that cascaded down to cover some of her sparkly crop top.

rose...none other than namjoon's girlfriend.

"rose?" he let out a croak, watching them with dazed eyes. he didn't know whether this was real or just because he was really drunk. he hoped it was the latter.

the two stopped moving and pulled away from each other. they both simultaneously looked at namjoon, their eyes widening with realisation.

namjoon looked at jimin and said, "why are you kissing my girlfriend, bro?"

jimin's expression changed from shocked to confused. he looked at rose and then back at namjoon.

"wait, he's your boyfriend?" he asked her. she frowned and looked away, nodding at his words. namjoon was at loss for words, he thought jimin was his friend.

"why would you do that?" he asked, betrayal clearly evident in his voice. rose moved away from jimin, slowly moving to namjoon. she had a guilty look in her eyes.

"i'm sorry, baby...we were talking and one thing lead to another...i'm really sorry," she said slowly, looking up at him. namjoon just stared at her with utter shock.

"i trusted you."

a fire flickered in namjoon's eyes as anger started coursing through his veins. he looked at jimin, eyes wide and full of fury. he clenched his fists, his knuckles turning white.

"park jimin..." his voice came out rough and hoarse.

he took a step forward, making chills travel up jimin's spine. namjoon looked scary, like really scary. jimin took a step back, causing his back to hit the wall behind him.

namjoon kept coming closer towards him. he had a dangerous look in his eyes. jimin knew that this wouldn't end nicely.

"after all i did for you, risking my job just so i could help you and dahyun with your dumb investigation...even after all that, you go and kiss my girlfriend?" namjoon asked him, tilting his head to the side. the smell of alcohol was clearly evident in his breath, but jimin didn't care. mainly because he was equally as drunk as namjoon.

jimin raised his hands up, telling him, "bro, i didn't know rose was your girlfriend. if i knew that, i would've never kissed her. rose and i had a thing in the past, remember? come on, man, trust me on this."

an amused laugh escaped namjoon's lips, he replied, "trust you? oh, that's funny."

rose covered her mouth in shock as namjoon punched jimin hard on the face.

"babe, stop!" she yelled, grabbing onto his arm. namjoon looked down at jimin, who was now on the ground, as he groaned in pain.

"you're a shitty friend, jimin. not only to me but to dahyun as well," namjoon harshly told him, soon leaving the scene. rose watched as he left, she hurriedly rushed to jimin's side.

"are you okay?" she asked, helping jimin sit upright. but the male was preoccupied. he stared off into the distance, saying nothing. rose furrowed her eyebrows and followed jimin's gaze. he was looking out the door that was wide open.

it was still heavily raining, except now, it was accompanied by thunder and lightning.

rose looked back at jimin, asking him, "jimin? what's wrong?"

but he didn't answer. there was nothing in his mind other than what namjoon just said,"you're a shitty friend, jimin. not only to me but to dahyun as well."

jimin's eyes widened as he came to a sudden realisation.

"shit, dahyun saw us...and now she's gone."

meanwhile

i stood outside my old kindergarten. it was pouring with rain and i was soaked to the bone. but it didn't stop the fire burning inside of me.

i wasn't thinking about anything other than finding that time capsule. i forgot about jimin, rose and namjoon.

nothing was going to stop me from finding it.

my mum's words reply in my head, "i remember we hid it somewhere around my daughter's old kindergarten. so many memories in that thing...wish i could see it again."

i knew exactly where it was. for some reason, the memory of them burying the box was so clear in my head, like it only happened yesterday.

it was buried next to the oak tree behind the school.

my feet started moving on its own. i was nearly sprinting towards the tree when i saw it.

the giant stood tall beside me. the arms of the tree swayed with the harsh winds. it wouldn't let some rain ruin its beauty.

i looked down at the roots. the soil covering them was soaked and mushy from all the water. my eyes laid on a specific spot on the ground.

that's it.

x marks the spot.

i went on my knees and without wasting any time, i started digging by crawling my nails into the ground.

i was frantic, looking like crazy as i destroyed the ground. all the years of torment and suffering has lead to this moment.

i kept digging and digging and digging. there was something powerful pulling me deeper and deeper into the ground. i knew i was getting close.

the feeling of need and hunger was overwhelming me. i never wanted something more in my life.

and then...i found it.

the time capsule.

---

this book is nearly coming to an end, i'm sad :((

just know that it's been so much fun writing this for you guys x

alunaticdi