26 - friends

dahyun

i woke up the next morning. eyes staring up at the ceiling, feeling completely blank.

after my second test yesterday, i was restless. seeing taehyung so wounded, it made me feel sick to watch. i began to feel so much hatred towards votty. whatever system they have here...it's not right.

i need to get out of here.

sitting in an upright position, i brought my knees to my chest. i needed to think, i need time to recollect myself.

as if momo could read my mind, she asked me, "hey, do you want to go somewhere?" i looked at her, my eyes the colour of burning flesh.

"what?" i murmured.

"i know a place, a secret place.  you can relax and calm your thoughts," she said.

i squinted my eyes at her, not believing of such place.

--

"here we are," momo spoke with a smile. after walking for ten minutes, i didn't expect the scene in front of me. it was a pig farm.

"this?" i motioned towards the pigs, "is the peaceful place you were talking about?"

momo nodded, a smile remained on her face. she said, "pigs are good luck. if you try and recollect your thoughts, you will actually feel a lot better."

she pushed me a little closer to the pigs, telling me, "just trust me on this. it helps me a lot when i'm stressed. look, even jimin's here to help."

i turned my head, only to see jimin approaching me. he smiled towards me.

"i'll leave you two," momo whispered, leaving my side and walking out. i looked at him, feeling slightly nervous, "hey.."

"hey," he said, standing beside me. he looked at the pigs and said, "need to get something out of your chest, too?"

i nodded, pursing my lips slightly.

"before that.." he said softly, grabbing something. i looked at him, he brought out a box of rice balls. i looked at them with confusion.

"huh?"

"eat, you must be hungry. the people here only give us a spoonful to eat," he said, taking one himself and took a bite. i nodded timidly, taking a rice ball.

i took a bite. it tasted like melted butter on my tongue. i blinked, not knowing why this rice tasted so delicious. i took another bite, then another, then another.

before i knew it, tears brimmed in the corner of my eyes. jimin noticed and placed his arm around my shoulder, bringing me closer.

"it's been rough, i know..i'm sorry," he gently spoke. i sniffled, more tears cascaded down. i was at a breaking point, even good rice made me cry.

"i saw..taehyung in my last test.." i muttered, jimin listened attentively. he of all people knew how close i was to taehyung. losing my best friend was the hardest thing. i just wanted taehyung to come back..to cradle me in his arms and tell me everything was okay.

"hey, come on," jimin said, pulling me into a hug. i started crying into his chest, feeling so much ache in my heart.

"i know this is the last thing you want to hear from me..but know that i'm here for you and i'll protect you. i promise i'll get you out of here.." he said, "i know i caused you so much harm..and i'm sorry. i'm really sorry. i was only thinking about myself and i didn't think for one moment about you. i'm so so sorry."

he pulled away, looking at me with an intense stare. i saw him slowly lean towards me, his eyes on my lips. my heart wanted to kiss him too..but i didn't.

i put a hand on his chest, stopping his movements.

without saying anything else, i turned and left the pig farm. taehyung was still on my mind, the test really messed up my brain.

i can't do this anymore.

i'm giving up.

   ---

i'm back! glad to be writing again. this chapter was boring haha but it'll get better in the upcoming chapters!

p.s this chap was inspired by spirited away, my fav anime movie <3

- alunaticdi x