22 - nom nom

dahyun

momo opened the door, swiftly pulling me out.

"lunch is served downstairs," momo explained, walking down a dark hallway. several other people started exiting through their doors, joining momo and i.

i noticed how we were all wearing the same clothes. a white jumpsuit with white sneakers.

this has to be a dream..this can't be real.

everyone was expressionless as they marched together through the doors to a large white hall. momo continued tugging on my arm, looking around the several tables and chairs.

"that's where i usually sit," she muttered to me, approaching her seat before making herself comfortable.

"sit, dahyun. they're going to serve our food soon."

i nodded blankly, taking my seat. my mind was boggling with many thoughts.

i can't stay here.

i whispered to her with pleading eyes, "listen, momo. i can't stay, i have somewhere really important to be."

momo chuckled and shushed me by placing a finger on my lips. "the food's coming, you have to be quiet."

soon there was people walking in with silver plates, placing them in front of each seated person. i looked at the plate, a small portion of food was laid.

not feeling hungry, i averted my attention from the plate to the other people around the hall. they ate in complete silence, no small talk among them. i noticed how awfully young they all looked too.

i looked at a specific guy with brown hair, he turned his head and we made eye contact.

my heart stopped.

jimin...

i was about to stand up and run over to him, thanking the gods that he was okay.

but i didn't.

jimin looked at me with intense eyes; like he was trying to tell me something. he held a fork in his hand and started eating, breaking our contact.

i looked away, grabbing my fork and beginning to eat as well. 

i need to talk to him.

everyone continued eating in silence until another bell rang through the hall. this made people stand up with their plates. momo uttered, "we have to wash our plates now."

i rose from my seat, taking my plate and followed her, trying to keep my watch on jimin. there was too many people, and i'm short, so i lost him. frustrated, i sighed heavily and stood behind momo.

until someone grabbed my arm, pulling me out of the line. my eyes widened, looking at the culprit only to find jimin pulling me into a dark hallway.

"jim-" i started saying but he stopped me, pushing me against a wall. he leant close to my face and whispered hurriedly, "you okay?"

a little taken back, i nodded twice and asked him, "what is this place, i don't like it. we need to get out of here."

jimin bobbed his head and said, "i know..but it's not going to be easy."

i furrowed my eyebrows, "what do you mean? let's just run."

he disliked that idea very much, shaking his head rapidly, "last time you decided to run, we got taken away to some child prison."

rolling my eyes, i retorted, "but we can't stay here, we have to fight our way o-" he interrupted me again.

"listen to me, i heard some serious fucked up shit happens if we don't follow the rules," he whispered hastily, leaning closer. "we have to blend in and get those nom points. it's the only way to get out of here."

i stayed quiet, looking at him.

if momo had been here for two years, what hope of getting out is there for us?

"dahyun? please," jimin pleaded.

i sighed, finally giving in.

"okay.."

he patted my shoulder and pulled away. before he left, i heard him mutter something.

"good luck."

---

   alunaticdi x