Myths and Beliefs

"LOOK SNAS! Weaves

"LOOK SNAS! Weaves." Papyrus held out his gloves to show his brother the handful of wet leaves he had picked off the ground, wearing a big smile...though it was a tad TOO big for Sans liking...

"yep, those are leaves all right...you're not gonna eat those are ya'?"

"Course' not stink head," said the baby bones, slightly insulted. "Unlike you big Buther, I knows the difference between clothes and food. You think the baby be stupid?"

"i don't eat trees and those aren't clothes. trees don't wear leaves to stay warm, otherwise they wouldn't be on the ground come winter."

"They're hats Snas, and hats are clothes. Twees doesn't wear them during winter cause' they all worn out," Papyrus picked up a leaf. "See dis leaf? It gots holes in it. Not good. They needs new hats."

"no they don't, the leaves collect sunlight for them so they can get energy, pappy. There's holes in them because insects are eating them."

Apparently, he thinks I'M stupid...

"Not erybody a twee-eating woah-bot Snas...sides' we's underground silly bones!"

"i'm not-"

"And the sun don't go out in winter! Nyeh heh heh!"

Sans gave his brother a look, but stayed silent. He knew full well that his younger sibling was just waiting for him to argue so he could start some kind of drama and he wasn't going to give the infant the satisfaction. Papyrus knew about the sun lamps that hung from the mountain ceiling and if he wanted to pick a fight about something that stupid, he was going to have to try a little harder than that.

I wish he'd put his energy to good use...I know he's just a baby, but he's smart right? He could do some real good for the Underground if he'd just try. Why does he wanna act stupid and annoy people all the time?

"We should be good baes and get the twees some new hats before someone cut them down," said Papyrus, pulling Sans out of his thoughts. "They moves real slow ya' know? Like Charlie. I bet Dirt-Butt knows where the hat store be! Is probably in one of those tunnels...a kiosk if baby had to guess."

Oh yeah, Flowey! I forgot about him, he hasn't visited us in a while.

Maybe Papyrus ISN'T trying to start a fight after all...maybe he thinks since Flowey's a monster, ALL plants are monsters...they just can't talk like he can.

Still feels like he's messing with me though, why call the leaves hats instead of hair? They grow on top of the trees like hair and hair falls out and I even heard it gets damaged...

An image of Undyne arguing with her mother flashed through his mind. She got in trouble often because she wouldn't put her hair up before swimming and usually ended up with leaves and other grasses Sans wasn't familiar with tangled in her bright red locks.