Working Hard or Hardly Working?

CICK, CICK!

CICK, CICK!

Papyrus's tiny hand tapped against the sides of his brother's eye socket as he struggled to grab the small glowing light within. He had been at it since the beginning of their walk towards the multiple power restoration stations, seemingly unaware or unable to comprehend how futile his goal was.

CICK CICK CICK!

"lemme know when you're done, bro," sighed Sans, slightly annoyed. He wasn't at all happy about their little trip, and the tapping was starting to get to him. It was bad enough that he had to replace the drained magic crystals, but the fact that Gaster had ordered him to bring Papyrus along made it worse.

The scientist had noticed that the baby bones crib was still covered in ectoplasm, but unfortunately it was too late to do anything about it. The orange slime had long since hardened and was now impossible to remove, meaning he would have to get a new crib altogether. After lecturing Sans about his "excessive laziness" Gaster decided to punish him by giving the comedian his least favorite job. Apparently he was under the impression that it was SANS' job to clean up after Papyrus, and not his.

It's not fair. It's not MY job to get ectoplasm off of PAPYRUS'S crib! He's not MY son!

"Nyeh heh heh! You gots some big ol' glow eyes, Snas! Where'd you get those glow eyes? Baby would like some glow eyes..."

Sans ignored his brother and continued onward through the annoyingly long hallways. It would have been nice if the power stations were closer together, but the volcanic activity in Hotland made underground construction dangerous.

CICK CICK CICK!

"please stop."

WHY would they dig into a volcano to begin with? I mean, who had that FUCKING idea?

"we've a second story with ZERO rooms..."

"Nyeh?" Papyrus looked down at him in confusion. "You got some glow eyes in a book?"

"wh-no. i was thinking about something else," sighed Sans wearily.

The baby bones scratched his tiny skull as he tried to figure out his older brother's riddle. What book could Sans have been murmuring about?

The only book Papyrus knew of that could hide things was Peek-a-Boo With Fluffy Bunny, but Sans had always stayed clear of THAT particular piece of literature...

"A book with no rooms..."

"hey pap, didja' hear what i said? i said there IS no book. second story means second floor. i'm talking about the lab."

"The glowies on the second floor?"

"no-"

"They on the second floor in a book?"