39

Lisa's POV

"Shit! I'm sorry Nini, I lied." I said as I sat on my swivel chair.

I dialed other number.

"Hello?" he answered.

"This is Lisa Sir. Can we meet? Cause I really need to talk to you." I said.

"Lisa, sure. You can go to my condo. I'm free at 5pm." he said.

"Thank you Sir." I said then ended the call.

-

I parked my car and went inside the elevator. When the elevator opened at 8th floor, I went out to search for his unit.

"Lisa, come in." He said.

He's wearing a plain white shirt with his pajama while holding a cup of coffee.

"Good afternoon Sir." I greeted.

"Sit down Lisa. What is it that you wanted to talk?" he said then sat across me.

"I wanna marry your daughter." I seriously said.

He almost got chocked on his coffee because of what I said.

"I'm sorry Sir." I said then offered him a tissue.

"No, it's okay---Thank you." he said then wiped his mouth. "What were you saying again?"  he asked.

"I said, I wanna marry your daughter, Sir." I said.

He didn't answered and seemed to be thinking deeply. I suddenly felt nervous.

"I'll just ask her to marry me and the marriage will happen after I finished my studies. I just don't want to let her go and I want to spend the rest of my life with your daughter, Sir." I said

He looked at me with serious face. He offered me his hand. I reached it and we shook hands. I can't believe it.

"I trust you Lisa. Please take care of my daughter because of you don't, I'll skin you alive." he said.

I laughed lightly and he did too.

"Thank you Sir." I said while smiling widely.

"Call me uncle, and when the two of you got married, start to call me Dad." he said then gave me a warm smile.

"Thank you, uncle." I said then gave him the same smile.

After I talked to Nini's Dad, I went to their house. I know that she wasn't there and it was only her Mom.

"Jennie wasn't here, she's in her event's venue." she said while getting us some drinks.

I roamed my eyes around the house. I missed this house, I also lived here for a long time making it like my home too.

"I came here for you." I said as she sat across me.

"Huh? Why?" she asked.

"It's about Nini, I wanted to ask her to marry me at her exhibit." I said.

She looked at me and smiled.

"It was just like yesterday when my Mom told me that she was scared that one day, I'll leave them and marry someone." tears were forming on her eyes.

I suddenly remembered Jen. I smiled.

"I was confused why she was scared that time, but now I know why." she said then smiled at me.

"I promise to take care of her." I said.

"She's grumpy, short tempered, and sometimes got mad without any reason. Don't you ever compare her to my Mom, because she hates it. When she's mad, be patient with her. She easily got upset especially when make her feel that her existence was not important to you." she said while tears were cascading down her cheeks, but still trying her hard to smile.