↳ t w e n t y - s i x

The One With The End

*
*
*

Annie's POV

I knocked on Hayden's door lightly.
"What?" He said,, sounding very annoyed.
"Alright fine. I won't wish you happy birthday." I said,, equally annoyed at his tone. I turned round and walked back to my bedroom,, shutting the door behind me. I changed out of the clothes that I fell asleep in and put some blue jeans on with a mustard tube top. I put some socks on and was about to start my makeup when a knock echoed around my room.
"Annie?" Hayden said.
"What do you want?" I said.
"I'm sorry for not telling you I was leaving." He said. I sighed and opened my door. He was a mess,, his hair was sticking up everywhere and his skin was extremely pale.
"I'm sorry for flipping out about you not telling me you were leaving. It was your decision to make and I shouldn't have gotten as pissed off." I said. "But putting that aside,, happy birthday." He smiled weakly.
"Thanks." He said. "Can I hug you now?" I nodded and he put his arms around me.
"I missed you." I said into the crook of his neck,, breathing in his warm scent.
"I missed you too. I hate arguing with you. It feels like my other half is missing." He picked me up so I was level with him and pecked my lips.
"I forgot to buy you a birthday present." I said guiltily.
"It's okay. You don't have to."
"But now I feel bad."
"The only thing I want right now is you." He said. My eyes widened. "No! Not like that! God dammit." He said, blushing.
"I was about to say,, you're 18 now! That's illegal!"
"Oh yeah! It's my birthday." He said.
"You don't sound very happy about that." I said,, getting down,, leading him into my room and wrapping my arms around his neck.
"It just means I'm an adult now. I have to make my own decisions and I don't have any parents to help me through anything."
Hey you'll always have me. It's worse for you because I don't remember my parents. You do,, you grew up with them and now it must be awful." I said. He shook his head and buried it into my neck. He was quiet for a few seconds but then I felt hot tears on my skin. I patted his back softly and just let him cry.

After about thirty minutes he sniffed and lifted his head. His eyes were bloodshot,, his nose was red and his skin was even paler if that was possible.
"I love you." He said,, wiping his eyes.
"I love you too Hay." I said. "Even if you cry on my shoulder really often." I smiled softly.
"Promise me you'll stay in contact with me after I leave." He said.
"Of course I will. And I'll come and see you and you can come and see me." I said. "Now let's go and celebrate your birthday!"

After going to Smokey's,, going to City Walk,, going bowling and eating at Panda Express,, we arrived back at home at like 8:30pm.
"I can't believe I'm an adult now." Hayden sighed,, lying down on his bed. I lay next to him and he immediately pulled me closer.
"Neither can I." I sighed. "You seem so much older than you did yesterday."
"I don't wanna grow up. Darn it I should have gone to neverland when I had the chance." He joked.
"Ugh I hated that film. Hook was better." I said.
"No,, hook scared me." Hayden said.
"The fact that this dude had a shadow that wasn't attached to him scared me and I watched my shadow like a hawk until I was about ten." I said. "Hook was better. The only Peter Pan that I liked was the one with the blond peter."
"What was special about that one?"
"I had a crush on peter." I shrugged.
"You had a crush on a fictional character?" He stifled a laugh.
"Oh please,, like you didn't have a crush on Carly Shay or Tori Vega at some point." I fired back.
"Actually I had a crush on Jade. I've always liked bad girls." He said,, putting his arms behind his head.
"Why do you like me then? I'm as un-bad as they get." I said.
"I don't know,, it's probably that you watched a murder happen when you were little." He said. Then he froze.
"What did you just say?" I asked.
"Nothing." He said nervously.
"No hayden repeat what you just said right this second." I said,, feeling my eyes start to burn with tears.
"I overheard you and Nicole talking the day you found out that someone wanted to adopt you." He said.
"That's not what you just said!" I shouted,, sitting up. Tears started to spill down my face. He sat up with me and saw I was crying.
"Shit." He said under his breath.
"So now you know." I said,, running my hands through my hair,, pulling it out of its bun. "And you're gonna be disgusted and you're gonna break up with me because I'm..." I never got to finish my sentence because Hayden grabbed my face and pressed his lips onto mine.