↳ e i g h t

The One With The Nightmares

*
*
*

Annie's POV

After dinner I started to walk back upstairs to my room. It had been a long day and I was pretty tired.
"Do you want me to walk you?" Hayden said,, standing up with me.
"Okay." I said. We left the restaurant and made our way to the stairs because elevators aren't a good idea after you've just eaten a huge meal. He grabbed my hand and linked our fingers,, swinging our arms in a chain between us as we walked up the stairs.

Eventually we reached my room and went inside.
"I'm gonna go to sleep." I said,, putting my bag on the chair and my phone on charge.
"Do you want me to stay for a bit?" He asked.
"I'm okay. Go back downstairs and have fun with everyone else. I think they're going to the casino or something." I said. "Go and have fun!" I said,, shooing him out of my room. I hugged him goodbye at the door and shut it as he left,, leaning against it and closing my eyes. Over the past few hours I had been struggling with my feelings,, and I was more than sure that I liked him,, but he would never like me like that,, he only saw us as friends.

I had a quick shower and changed into my pyjamas,, which were just a sports bra and shorts,, before sending my streaks and getting into bed and selecting a movie on the television. I fell asleep almost immediately.

"Mommy what's happening?" 5 year old me asked.
"Daddy's just a bit mad,, honey. Go to your room,, it'll be over in a minute." She said,, pushing me gently to the door. I ran out and sat on the stairs,, watching the scene play out.
"So you're gonna leave me,, huh?" Daddy said. Mommy said nothing. "We'll see about that." He laughed cruelly and the horrific sound of a gunshot filled the house. Mommy screamed,, and so did I. Then she stopped screaming and I heard a thud. I screamed and screamed and screamed and...

I woke up with a start,, sweaty and scared. My breathing was heavy and laboured and I was crying. I reached for my phone to check the time. 2:38am. I needed Hayden. I got out of bed shakily and made my way to the door,, opening it and going out into the corridor. My hands shook as I knocked on his door. A few minutes later a groggy,, half-asleep Hayden opened the door,, rubbing his eyes. I threw my arms around his bare chest and cried. His arms instinctively went round me and picked me up,, holding me tightly as I cried into his neck. He shut his door and lay down on his bed,, still holding me.
"What happened?" He said softly,, stroking my hair.
"I had a nightmare about my mom." I said in between sobs.

Hayden's POV (What?!)

Her sobs broke my heart. I couldn't do anything other than hold her because I knew if I said anything I would start crying myself,, and what she needed right now was someone to comfort her,, not someone who was crying as well.
"You're spending the rest of the night here." I said firmly,, turning my light off and pulling her under the covers with me so we were spooning.
"Hayden?" She said quietly.
"Yeah?" I said.
"I love you." She said. I froze for a second.
"I love you too." I smiled. She pushed herself closer to me and fell asleep. I kissed her forehead softly and fell asleep as well

I hate the ending of this chapter,, but what is this? 2 updates and 2 POVS?! Who is this?

Just to clarify,, they mean ily as friends,, nothing more,, yet 😉

Cya my chicky-doodles